PDA

View Full Version : Miller Rock evening run Wednesday Aug 18

RockyMtRebel
August 19th, 2021, 06:56 AM
Jim and I did a last minute run of Miller Rock yesterday, thanks again Jim for joining me with short notice! Just got my new Jeep back from three weeks in the shop with what ended up being a failed PCM. So this was sort of a “shake down” run to make sure it can handle all the bouncing around and crawling I lobe to do.
Weather was pretty much perfect and we saw no one on the trail except as we were exiting in the dark a group of motor bikes came flying by us.
The Jeep performed flawlessly, and we first ran up to Miller rock and then turned around and ran down the main spur and obstacles to cross the creek and run up the other side. Peetered around a but and then ran back down and across the creek and up the main obstacles with ease!
Only took a couple photos and short videos that I’ll post later!

open_circuit
August 19th, 2021, 08:15 AM
This is the first time I noticed you have the power soft top option on your Jeep. Neat.

Jim
August 19th, 2021, 09:30 AM
I didn't air down - and it was noticeable. Yes, more bumpy, but moreso was tire slippage. I used steering / changing line while wheels were spinning or lockers in more places where I'd not normally. It was a curious eye opener.

Street pressure 31 psi / trail often 10 psi

At the end of the day, the trip down the canyon was just on the edge of cool but down on the plains - temps warmed up enough to be just right for the rest of the ride back.

It was a relaxing evening on the trail.

Original size photos available if you wish'm

Schmitty
August 20th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Lookin' good! Love the color!

a failed PCM
wow, I didn't expect that at all.

RockyMtRebel
August 20th, 2021, 09:20 AM
I lost power up here (Allenspark). Extremely windy!!! I’m on generator power right now

Schmitty
August 20th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Did y'all get blasted by that thunderstorm this morning at about 2am? It was glorious.

Jim
August 20th, 2021, 12:33 PM
2:21am I was awakened by sweet thunder. A few minutes later was one, long, multi-crackling bit - fan-freakn-tastic.

I kept thinking - I hope the jeep's not too soaked tomorrow (no doors or rear window installed) - but heck - bring on the thunder.