PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Cr. 11-30-21

Gretchen
November 30th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Good time had by all but mostly just me :lmao:

Jenny Cr. was a bust with a deep off camber drift several hundred feet into the trail. Drove back onto the Moffat trail and went a good ways in some deep'ish sugary snow. I decided to stop after a while since I was by myself and drawing a line in the snow as a stopping point was a good idea. On the way out I buried the Jeep (total rookie move) which I had to pull line to get out. After that I thought I would try and make my way over to the Kingston Pk. gate. I got pretty close until I buried it again following Side x Side tracks that were floating nicely over the drift. Pulled line again and decided to run down to Miners Gulch and see the ice because that's pretty cool. I was amazed at the traction I had going up the creek until I got to the first obstacle and it was clear that it was time to turn around or do some damage to the jeep. Not a bad day for a Tuesday.

Tom
November 30th, 2021, 05:19 PM
It looks to me like it was a good thing I missed your initial post.

Gretchen
November 30th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Tom you would have had so much fun. :)
It looks to me like it was a good thing I missed your initial post.

Jim
November 30th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Id'a had a blast too!!

Snow bashing time is at hand (in select areas). Anyone want to find a snow trail this weekend? Gretchen do you wish to revisit the snow areas? I'll bring the chains...

open_circuit
November 30th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Not to steal the thread, but I was thinking lost park Rd or Cherokee park Rd maybe Saturday. Both likely pretty clear I imagine

speedkills
November 30th, 2021, 11:49 PM
I wish I would have woken up earlier for this run. Looks like it was a good time.

Gretchen
December 1st, 2021, 05:55 AM
I wish I could go on the weekends with you guys but I always work on the weekends. In 2022 I'll have a few Sundays off but not many.

Java
December 1st, 2021, 07:06 AM
That last pic is awesome. :thumb:

Tom
December 1st, 2021, 09:07 AM
Tom you would have had so much fun. :)
Probably not. I am not a snow wheeling fan. Particularly shoveling and winching to get unstuck. Ask me some time about my winter adventure on Dead Indian Pass which goes from Cody, Wy toward W. Yellowstone. 8 hours of what I thought was fun at the time.

Gretchen
December 1st, 2021, 09:46 AM
Next time we're wheeling together you'll have to tell me at lunch time, I'll look forward to it.
Probably not. I am not a snow wheeling fan. Particularly shoveling and winching to get unstuck. Ask me some time about my winter adventure on Dead Indian Pass which goes from Cody, Wy toward W. Yellowstone. 8 hours of what I thought was fun at the time.