PDA

View Full Version : New Years day run.

JandDGreens
January 1st, 2022, 08:25 PM
Hey just wanted to thank Scott, his wife and Mark for taking the time to roll through the snow today. We decided (I) to by-pass the Gulches and play on Schubarth loop.
Was a great way to bring in the new years. I didn't take pictures, our rigs did great today. Scott your rig is a beast! Take care, David

Jim
January 1st, 2022, 09:08 PM
Good to hear fun was had! I need to make up the 2022 Wheeler graphic for you.

How much snow is down there?

I believe 7" is the official Fort Collins number.

Crazy cold tonight! -8F now (9pm)

JandDGreens
January 1st, 2022, 09:34 PM
I'd say 8-10 inches. Beautiful day. Despite the chilly temperature. Thanks

The StRanger
January 1st, 2022, 10:22 PM
Sorry. To damn cold for a windowless YJ.

TDash
January 7th, 2022, 12:10 PM
hey sorry i haven't posted in here yet it's been a hectic week getting back to work after the holidays and that was a pretty long day for my family (12 hrs in the truck from when we left the house to got home to a broken furnace)

had a great time, the trail was a lot of fun although tippy rock was a bit sketchy with how high up i had to get to clear the tree, luckily with Dave and Mark's help they kept me, my kids and my truck safe. We did a little bit of winching to get past the tree and then when i had to turn hard left to continue on the incline was real tippy. Dave and Mark thought of a plan quick and got a tow strap around my rock slider as an insurance policy to make sure i didn't tip, the ORIs create a new kind of feeling there so it will take me some getting used to as well. my front lockers weren't engaging, maybe it would have helped but i'm not sure it was pretty slick right there and the tree was close for my long wheel base to clear.

Mark ended up taking that same spot on tippy rock that Dave and I winched up like a friggen beast, he just mashed on the skinny pedal and got right past that tree, we really wish we had it on camera because it was impressive, but he did it so quick we didn't have time. His limited slip engaged at the perfect moment and he missed the tree twice :)

Also big shout out to Dave and Mark helping me right when we were airing down I noticed that 7 of my bolts were missing from my bead lock rings... was a big shock and a bit scary it seems my shop must have over torqued and I believe they at least partially used an impact driver for them. At first we thought let's steal some of the bead lock bolts from my spare but we discovered the bolts were still in there and just the heads were broken off. We changed gears a bit and swapped my full-size spare that luckily I am so much better off prepared for problems on the trail compared to when I first started wheeling (nightmare flashbacks to people asking at china wall why i didn't have my lug nut wheel key for the wheels that came with the truck when i bought it). We got another chance to use a hi-lift jack (my new extra long one :)) which Mark was the most comfortable and versed with and got the spare on with no problem.

I didn't get many photos/videos but my wife has a couple that I need to get off her iphone to upload here, will try to do soon.