PDA

View Full Version : Spring anniversary run planning?

open_circuit
March 21st, 2022, 09:55 AM
We typically hold our anniversary run at little Moab in mid-to-late March. It looks like we missed planning this in advance this year. Is anyone interested in holding a group run in the next several weeks? Little Moab is the typical destination as it is traditionally passable with low to no snowpack this time of year.

Last year we ran this in mid April -- https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?28578-Lil-Moab-Anniversary-Run-4-17-2021

Java
March 21st, 2022, 02:32 PM
Interested, do you have a date in mind?

JandDGreens
March 21st, 2022, 05:39 PM
Interested!

open_circuit
March 22nd, 2022, 08:00 AM
I put a poll up for possible dates. I am not available on all of these dates, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a day on the trail without me.

This poll allows multiple selections, so you can pick all of the dates you would be interested in.

open_circuit
March 24th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Bump - I'll leave this open until 3/30/2022.

Jim
March 24th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Trent, Would you like me to have the system send out a notice of the poll/Anniversary Run to active members?

open_circuit
March 24th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Trent, Would you like me to have the system send out a notice of the poll/Anniversary Run to active members?

Probably a good idea if we want more input on this. Things seem pretty quiet around here recently.

GaryG
March 24th, 2022, 03:38 PM
I'm interested.

SaBiN
March 24th, 2022, 10:17 PM
I'm heading that way mid-April but am flexible for all of April.

hiimmike
March 25th, 2022, 06:17 AM
Thanks for linking the 2021 run! With all the carnage, dare I say, “it looked like a cool trip!”? It seems like the people who got damage have the ability to fix it, so that’s good. I was out on my first trail ever in my new Jeep with this group and it was a great time! Shane is definitely a natural leader. I’d love to join in on this trip, casted my vote!

speedkills
March 25th, 2022, 10:54 AM
I'm in, if it's late April. Broke my left front CV so I need time to get that fixed first.

PeterCbaby
March 25th, 2022, 12:19 PM
I'm very interested, mid-late April would work. Is it going to be family aswell? Either way.

Schmitty
March 25th, 2022, 04:41 PM
I voted.

open_circuit
March 25th, 2022, 05:37 PM
Looks like a clear favorite is emerging. I'm not available the 16th which is currently winning. Maybe someone who can attend that day wants to take care of the calendar and meetup details if it remains the winner next week?

PeterCbaby
March 26th, 2022, 07:32 PM
I know I already voted for the 16th, but I'm willing to move to the 23rd if that helps more people come. Just a thought.

JandDGreens
March 26th, 2022, 08:21 PM
I just would rather do Saturday either weekend 16th or 23rd would work well for me too. (I voted for both).

JandDGreens
March 28th, 2022, 03:19 AM
I have to change my availability for the anniversary run. My pastor of 20 years as we raise our 3 kids past on Saturday. (Of Parkinsons) and the memorial service is going to be on Saturday the 23rd. He was and still is a wonderful man.

Luckycharms
March 28th, 2022, 12:03 PM
i up in there air on the trip. i would like to go. if i can get my daily driver back together. also if i can my skid plate and new steering on my jeep i would. be in

TDash
March 31st, 2022, 09:04 PM
are we a lock now for April 16th?

open_circuit
March 31st, 2022, 09:11 PM
So it appears. Does someone who can attend on that date want to make the calendar entry and organize the trail day?

speedkills
March 31st, 2022, 10:55 PM
Maybe. If nobody else steps up and I get my CV/axle sorted this week I will, but I don't want to commit at this time in case there is more damage than I am suspecting.

Jim
April 1st, 2022, 01:08 PM
The person who posts the run does not _need_ to be on the run - so long as they're willing to handle some pre-run coordination / questions.

I, too, am undecided if I will be available to join the run, but yes, I can see posting the run thread and RSVP page - but I'd like to see some other member step up to tend the task. We're all equal and all can pitch in to help.

open_circuit
April 1st, 2022, 01:15 PM
The person who posts the run does not _need_ to be on the run - so long as they're willing to handle some pre-run coordination / questions.

I, too, am undecided if I will be available to join the run, but yes, I can see posting the run thread and RSVP page - but I'd like to see some other member step up to tend the task. We're all equal and all can pitch in to help.

Yep, I understand. I think the day goes smoother when someone who is attending the run (and thus is invested in the run going well) coordinates it. Seems like a good time to get other folks involved in a run planning activity.

Jim
April 1st, 2022, 01:49 PM
Trent - I agree with ya. We appreciate you stirring the waters to get things this far!

Rocrawlr
April 1st, 2022, 02:22 PM
I'll set up the Anniversary Run. I will be checking out the Missouri Gulch Trail area starting at Rainbow Falls either tomorrow Saturday or Sunday. Anyone care to join me? Depending on what I find this weekend, I may set up a basecamp on Friday evening 4/15 and everyone could meet there on Saturday 4/16 morning, run the trails they want to run, hang-out, potluck BBQ, or whatever.

open_circuit
April 1st, 2022, 02:25 PM
I'll set up the Anniversary Run. I will be checking out the Missouri Gulch Trail area starting at Rainbow Falls either tomorrow Saturday or Sunday. Anyone care to join me? Depending on what I find this weekend, I may set up a basecamp on Friday evening 4/15 and everyone could meet there on Saturday 4/16 morning, run the trails they want to run, hang-out, potluck BBQ, or whatever.

Good to see you're still around this season Gerald! Would love to join but already booked up this weekend. Have fun! Let's go camping sometime this summer.

Rocrawlr
April 1st, 2022, 02:59 PM
Good to see you're still around this season Gerald! Would love to join but already booked up this weekend. Have fun! Let's go camping sometime this summer.
Thanks Trent! I wanted to join in some of the snow runs earlier this year, but I was in California for better part of Q1. It's good to be back in Colorado.

Rocrawlr
April 3rd, 2022, 07:03 AM
Reconnaissance was successful. As usual for the area, there were lots of dirt bikes, quads, SxSs, quite a few Jeeps, Toyotas, full size pickups and to my surprise a whole herd of new Broncos. There wasn’t any snow on the trail (FR 344) up to Mini-Moab, but there were a few mud holes that folks were playing in. No thank you, IH8MUD!. There is a large clearing above the Rainbow Falls OHV trail head main staging area that I think would be ideal to set up a main camp. I will start a new thread under Planned Trail Runs and post on the calendar

Now I know why it’s so hard to find new Broncos, they’re all here on Mini Moab :D

open_circuit
April 5th, 2022, 01:13 PM
Gerald added this event to the calendar at https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2022-4-16&e=1137&c=1
There is also a planned trail runs page here https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?29129-04-16-2022-Annual-Spring-Anniversary-Run-Mini-Moab

JLWILLYS21
April 7th, 2022, 12:14 PM
Shane, let me know if you need a hand with your axle.

speedkills
April 12th, 2022, 11:08 AM
It's all taken care of, I'll be there :thumb: