PDA

View Full Version : Chinman Gultch 4/30 or TBD

TDash
April 24th, 2022, 11:41 AM
James and I are looking to hit Chinman Gultch and if it works for him targeting 4/30 if James' back and rig are ready by then.

I know gearwhine and some others have expressed interest to me about this trail too

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/255-chinaman-gulch

Gearwhine
April 24th, 2022, 12:31 PM
I'd absolutely love to, but I am not available next weekend. 😑 Thanks for thinking of me!

a1gemmel
April 24th, 2022, 06:26 PM
Count me in for the 30th. Never been to Chinamans, looks fun!

TDash
April 26th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Shane wanted to go on this one too but won't have his rig ready by this weekend. Gerald was also interested and this might have been tight for his schedule too in addition to Gearwhine and Jim not being able to make this weekend work.

I'm looking at my calendar and I think the next best date would be 5/28, hoping more people can make that work

FINOCJ
April 26th, 2022, 06:59 PM
No worries, sounds good

a1gemmel
April 26th, 2022, 08:45 PM
:thumb:

The StRanger
April 26th, 2022, 10:30 PM
Count me in for the 30th. Never been to Chinamans, looks fun!

The only trail Iv had to get winched out.

Gearwhine
May 6th, 2022, 10:19 AM
I went ahead and confirmed. I'm hoping to be down there by Thursday night so do some whitewater enjoyment on the Arkansas prior to Saturday.

open_circuit
May 6th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Maybe I'll come down and camp nearby to watch the fun if I have some time.

Gearwhine
May 11th, 2022, 08:40 AM
Maybe I'll come down and camp nearby to watch the fun if I have some time.

I'll likely have an extra seat in my Jeep if you want to hop in.

open_circuit
May 11th, 2022, 09:00 AM
I'll likely have an extra seat in my Jeep if you want to hop in.

Once I get back from the Utah trip I'll be able to figure out what's going on that weekend with better clarity.

FINOCJ
May 26th, 2022, 09:58 AM
Hey Scott...I've already moved my cj up to Montana so I do not have any rig capable of running Chinaman's this weekend. I was thinking I might be interested ride along, but then Jen gave me the look that I just got back from Idaho and we are listing the house for sale on Tues, as well as yard sale on Sat and packing for the final move to MT on Tues...Not sure I can even get out for final weekend of skiing at this point.

TDash
May 26th, 2022, 03:11 PM
hey james thanks for checking in and that's totally understandable, moving quickly takes over your life especially a big move :) Hope I can catch you sometime you're able to visit Colorado on a run or a meet up in MOAB or something. Always enjoyed wheeling with you and hearing your feedback and perspective, you will certainly be missed!