PDA

View Full Version : Hole in the Rock - REDEMPTION

RockyMtRebel
May 19th, 2022, 01:24 PM
A few of us discussed planning a return to redeem ourselves. I think we've so far settled on mid-October. I mentioned this to my wife this morning and she said we'll probably be back in Palm Springs by then, which is fine since it's the same distance to Halls Crossing :lmao:

So I figured we should get this conversation going and narrow down the dates and ... PLAN AHEAD!

This trail is harder than you think, highly recommend lockers and winch because there may be sections where you need both. My 2021 Jeep Rubicon with 35's had no problems with anything although I did scrape a little here and there.

Alright, who's in?

Jim
May 19th, 2022, 04:01 PM
watching...

speedkills
May 19th, 2022, 08:35 PM
Too early to commit for me, but very interested. I'll try to make it happen.

CarlBolanos
May 19th, 2022, 09:58 PM
A long way away but i am very interested. It was a shame i had a cruise in the Caribbean planed for this past weekend so I couldn’t make it. Cruise was fun tho… hah.

Gretchen
May 20th, 2022, 05:22 AM
I'm in. Full moon Oct. 9. I'll need dates soon since I am already filling my October work schedule. Right now it's easy to move my clients since there is only a few of them scheduled for October.

Gearwhine
May 20th, 2022, 08:12 AM
I'm absolutely interested in October. I will have the time off available.

This whole season is penned to be getting the reliability of my XJ to the best it can absolutely be (it already has been 99% trouble free). I will feel very confident by October to tackle multi-day challenging trails.

TyTheJeepGuy
May 20th, 2022, 11:27 AM
I might be able to make this one happen.

a1gemmel
May 20th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Subscribed - pretty much in, just need to know dates for booking PTO

Jim
May 20th, 2022, 12:25 PM
I'd be a vote for new moon time - star gazing in a wonderful dark sky area.

open_circuit
May 20th, 2022, 12:54 PM
I'd be a vote for new moon time - star gazing in a wonderful dark sky area.

Agree. The blood moon eclipse worked very well for star gazing this trip. Pretty bright the other nights though

RockyMtRebel
May 20th, 2022, 01:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Steven was not able to go the last week (or after the 22nd or 23rd) so we were thinking "mid-October"

Steve-O
May 20th, 2022, 02:04 PM
Yup, as of right now I'm completely available Oct 1-22, as in gotta be home on Oct 22.

Java
May 20th, 2022, 03:49 PM
I'd love to make this one, so far nothing scheduled for the time around Oct. 9th and the weather in Utah should be great then. :thumb:

jayson44
May 21st, 2022, 01:14 PM
I'm in!

J.

RockyMtRebel
May 21st, 2022, 07:47 PM
Let’s get some dates suggested! October 9th has been mentioned a couple times. That’s the earliest I could see getting there…. How about October 9-12? First night camp full moon, Sunday thru Wednesday and travel home on Thursday.

Thoughts??

Gretchen
May 21st, 2022, 08:52 PM
I am totally on board with October 9th through the 12th.

DETN8R
May 30th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Interested. I'll keep following. My Samurai has Detroits F&R but no winch at the moment. Hopefully I'll change that by the time you guys are ready

FINOCJ
July 14th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Just keeping this planning going..... putting 10/9-12 on the calendar...expect we might do some MTBing in moab area afterwards to make a week long trip out of it.

Pineapples
August 9th, 2022, 07:39 PM
I'm interested in joining you guys for this trip but can't confirm until it gets a bit closer. If it works out that a Saturday can be worked in there too even better to get an extra day on the trails without using more PTO.

FINOCJ
September 13th, 2022, 12:01 PM
about a month out from the original plan....hows it looking for everyone?

Steve-O
September 13th, 2022, 08:29 PM
I'm still in!

RockyMtRebel
September 13th, 2022, 10:04 PM
Hate to say it but I don’t think I’ll be able to do this, I’ve got too much traveling going on and can’t commit. Someone else will have to take lead on this 😥

Steve-O
September 25th, 2022, 10:38 AM
Bummer man! Well I'll take lead because I was on the last trip I guess. I propose Oct 9 as the "travel day". Meet in the late afternoon at the gas station in Hall's Crossing, get onto the trail and stop at the first campsite we find (in May we stopped at one very close to the trialhead and it was nice). Planning for two more nights on the trail to be safe, making it back to the trailhead sometime on the 12th. From there we could head up to Moab and find a camping spot (I don't know Moab very well and am open to other suggestions by this point) or people could head home if they needed to and get in late.

RockyMtRebel
September 25th, 2022, 05:50 PM
Make sure the gas station at Halls Crossing will be open, that’s the key to do this route and I’m not sure if it’ll be open or not. Wish I could go…..