PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Pass-Lunch Leadville-Return via Weston Pass Report 8/13

Tom
August 13th, 2022, 06:58 PM
I will get this started.
Beautiful weather and scenery. Here's a few pics to get this started. Will have some video in a day or so. Nice to meet everyone.

Tom
August 13th, 2022, 08:51 PM
This is a raw unedited video. I noticed at the mine I left the recording on so skip ahead of that dead section.

https://youtu.be/AoAS46u2fKg

DaveO
August 13th, 2022, 09:04 PM
A few pics:

donnagail
August 14th, 2022, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Tom for getting this trail report started. I am just now getting on my computer to figure how to post my pictures. I had out of state company until Friday and only one day, today, to pack for another 4 day trip to the Edwards area. Now that you have gotten the thread started, I can go back to my cell phone and add the pictures and video's I took.

It was a fun day and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Having lunch in Leadville really gave us some personal time face to face to get to know one another better.
I will add we left the Exxon station a little after 9:00am and finished up about 3:30pm.

And yep, the weather could not have been more perfect!

Picture and videos to come!

Donna Gail Schneider

I will get this startee.
Beautiful weather and scenery. Here's a few pics to get this started. Will have some video in a day or so. Nice to meet everyone.

donnagail
August 14th, 2022, 04:59 PM
What kind of video software do you use, Tom? Mine is just on my cell and jumping all over the place. Your video is great, nice and steady.

This is a raw unedited video. I noticed at the mine I left the recording on so skip ahead of that dead section.

https://youtu.be/AoAS46u2fKg

Tom
August 14th, 2022, 05:53 PM
What kind of video software do you use, Tom? Mine is just on my cell and jumping all over the place. Your video is great, nice and steady.
Its the stabilization built into my archiac galaxy s6

Jim
August 14th, 2022, 06:36 PM
Tom - the first two photos in the first post - Weston or Mosquito? I have never traveled Weston but I don't see those as Mosquito scenery.

Tom
August 14th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Tom - the first two photos in the first post - Weston or Mosquito? I have never traveled Weston but I don't see those as Mosquito scenery.
Nope first is a swrtchback heading down toward Leadville. One of the first heading northish. Second is on the summit I heading Southish up the ridge.

Tom
August 14th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Jim the very end of my video shows me pulling into spot number 2

Mountaineer01
August 14th, 2022, 08:28 PM
Great trip everyone, the trails were a lot of fun! Is there a trick to posting the photos from my phone? They are way over the size limit.

Tom
August 14th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Great trip everyone, the trails were a lot of fun! Is there a trick to posting the photos from my phone? They are way over the size limit.
There is a way to resize when uploading. Click actual size.

Jim
August 14th, 2022, 08:35 PM
Is there a trick to posting the photos from my phone?

Some folks post'm to a photo hosting site and then insert the link to the externally hosted photos.

Others e-mail the photos to themselves and when (if) your phone asks what size photos they should be a smaller size is selected.

Jim
August 14th, 2022, 08:50 PM
There is a way to resize when uploading. Click actual size.

Tom's answer is in the "more better" category!!

I'm a desktop user (99%) and this is a nice item to know of.

JLWILLYS21
August 15th, 2022, 11:03 AM
Here's some photos, including group lunch and vehicle shots. We had a great time and thanks to everyone who made it. Sorry we missed you on Saturday Jim. Hope you got home safely.

https://youtu.be/oFfoJLx0tY4

Tom
August 15th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Here's some photos, including group lunch and vehicle shots. We had a great time and thanks to everyone who made it. Sorry we missed you on Saturday Jim. Hope you got home safely.

https://youtu.be/oFfoJLx0tY4
Very nice!

Jim
August 15th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Sorry we missed you on Saturday Jim. Hope you got home safely.

Thanks - yes - an uneventful trip home. I jumped over to Napa and purchased an allen wrench and 1/2" box end wrench - ten minutes behind the grocery store and it was out. A self imposed (front driveshaft vibration that was expected) 40MPH driving speed for the trip allowed me a 20MPG fuel bonus.

I had small thoughts of driving over to Leadville and joining in for the Weston trail - but I thought I'd better not.