PDA

View Full Version : Moody Hill is finally open!

newracer
August 29th, 2022, 09:46 AM
Some members from my club and I went up to Moody Hill on Saturday to make some repairs to the road that the FS requested be completed before they would open it. Unfortunately the damage has been exasperated by the recent storms so we where unable to make the repairs by hand, it will take some heavy equipment.

However, Sunday morning I got a call from a member of another club that said the gate was open. The FS was called and they confirmed that they were opening all the gates in the area.

It is a lot more rough and rocky than before the fire. You may also encounter downed trees so be prepared. There is a section that has a big gully down the middle of the road that is 4’ deep in spots. Please stay on the road, do not go around! It has been reported that the gate at the top is still closed so you have to go back out to 44H.

newracer
August 29th, 2022, 09:48 AM
Stolen from a FB post.

RockyMtRebel
August 29th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Nice, I have never done this so might need to visit soon

newracer
September 26th, 2022, 10:00 AM
As expected people have been going around the section of road with the deep gully in it. They were also staying off the road all the way to the top of the hill. After talking to the FS about it, it was decided to leave a bypass around the worst section and direct traffic back onto the road and block the upper as well. My club went and did the work yesterday.