PDA

View Full Version : Bills Wnglewood Drive Shaft prices

Tom
March 13th, 2023, 01:38 PM
I think I am in need of a new front driveshaft. I will be determining for sure as soon as the weather gets consistently warm.

I am wondering if anyone here has had one made for a lifted JK near 3” lift. Just trying to estimate costs. Also wondering if what they provide is a direct bolt on and if they will do the install too.

Thanks.

Jim
March 13th, 2023, 05:39 PM
Are you still getting a vibration?

They have been on my mind for possible front DS replacement for mine.

Tom
March 13th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Are you still getting a vibration?

They have been on my mind for possible front DS replacement for mine.
Yes sir and a hum. Haven’t had a need to use it much all winter but I would really like to do some serious wheeling this year so need to fix it. Last two years kind of sucked due to covid.

xaza
March 13th, 2023, 07:13 PM
I have Bill's shafts on both my Jeeps but have had them quite a while so can't remember what I paid. They do not install them. You measure the length and they build it for you. He used to give a discount for members, not sure if he still does. His shafts are much more solid than stock. Give him a call and he can get you a price and help you with how to properly measure the length.

Mountaineer01
March 15th, 2023, 12:22 PM
I had them cut and balance a junkyard driveshaft for my conversion. They will do the measure for you if you bring the truck in, if you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, but they do not install. The cut, balance, and two sets of U joints was about $200 if that helps at all. They should be able to give you info over the phone as Cliff said, they are very friendly and to the point.

Jim
March 15th, 2023, 06:53 PM
The cut, balance, and two sets of U joints was about $200 if that helps at all.

That seems reasonable to me.

I'm slightly interested in getting a new front DS.

Java
March 24th, 2023, 05:46 AM
Must be something in the water, my front has a ujoint that is squealing so I'm replacing all three. I did this a couple of years ago and put in greaseable joints, lost a zerk at some point this month and all the grease got spun out, so I'm going with non-servicable this time. Also replacing my muffler while I have the pan down, I put ina Thrush Hush during the pandemic that sounds like an old UPS truck and i can't wait to get rid of it.

Gearwhine
March 24th, 2023, 05:23 PM
Bill's built a rear double cardan driveshaft for my Jeep XJ a few years ago. Spicer non-greasble u-joints with everything else being Neapco. Very good parts and very nice welds. $345 in October of 2020 with 1 day service (no extra fee). Zero complaints.

The parts are all higher quality than anything I ever purchase from online (like Tom Woods or Oliver's) in the past, but the paint was just rattle canned. Regardless...I scraped it up on my first outing anyway.