PDA

View Full Version : Middle Fork Swan river/SOB hill, Wheeler lake anytime Aug 9-15th

RockyMtRebel
August 4th, 2023, 08:20 PM
I’ll be back in Colorado for a week next week and would like to get some wheelin in! I haven’t done Middle Fork of Swan river or SOB hill near Breckinridge and would like to spend a day there running these (during the week or on the weekend) and maybe adding Radical hill in if anyone is interested. Rated 5/7 both should be fun challenging but not super hard.
I’d also like to spend a day running Wheeler lake (also near Breckinridge) at some point during the week or on the weekend (Sunday preferred). I can run either of these any day from August 9th to the 15th.
Anyone interested??

By the way, bittersweet week as my beloved Powerwagon transmission started acting up on the way to California so I traded her in for a brand new Ford F150 Raptor! This truck is so fun to drive and a nice change from the big Ram 2500…. And no I am not taking it offroad 🤣

TjMike
August 5th, 2023, 09:07 AM
Wish I could join you on exploring those trails but have company in town.

Great looking Raptor!

Tom
August 5th, 2023, 10:31 AM
I could be up for this Matt. Most interested in Middle fork and Radical hill. I am getting an oil change on Monday 7th but should be available after. 9-11th are best for me.

RockyMtRebel
August 5th, 2023, 04:53 PM
Let’s tentatively plan for Thursday the 10th. Meet at trailhead 10:30/11am run Middle fork and then run to the bottom of Radical hill and run it. Something like that sound good? If we make really good time I might run SOB hill afterwards also.

Trailsoffroad says Middle Fork os only one hour to the end. Same for Radical hill (I have run Radical hill and it is quite short but packs a nice punch). Even with access roads that might be just a half day run before SOB hill.

Tom
August 5th, 2023, 05:17 PM
Let’s tentatively plan for Thursday the 10th. Meet at trailhead 10:30/11am run Middle fork and then run to the bottom of Radical hill and run it. Something like that sound good? If we make really good time I might run SOB hill afterwards also.

Trailsoffroad says Middle Fork os only one hour to the end. Same for Radical hill (I have run Radical hill and it is quite short but packs a nice punch). Even with access roads that might be just a half day run before SOB hill.
Sounds reasonable. I don’t know where the middle fork trailhead is. Could you provide a link?

RockyMtRebel
August 5th, 2023, 06:26 PM
5290 Tiger Rd
Breckenridge, CO 80424

It shows 2 hours and 12 minutes from my house…..

Tom
August 5th, 2023, 06:44 PM
5290 Tiger Rd
Breckenridge, CO 80424

It shows 2 hours and 12 minutes from my house…..
Thanks 2hr 9 min for me.

RockyMtRebel
August 8th, 2023, 07:29 AM
I will post this up as an event today, for Thursday this week!!!

Tom
August 8th, 2023, 07:33 AM
I will post this up as an event today, for Thursday this week!!!
Looking forward to it. Plan on topping my tank in Frisco.

Tom
August 10th, 2023, 05:05 AM
Matt,

I have to bail on this. Been really sick all night. Pmd and texted you. My deepest apologies.

RockyMtRebel
August 10th, 2023, 06:41 AM
No worries Tom, we can plan this for another time! Get well!