PDA

View Full Version : Moab Nov 13- 15ish

Java
September 22nd, 2023, 07:14 PM
Moab Nov 13-15! It's the quietest week in Moab according to the nice lady at the Bowen Motel. We'll have our own accommodations and will also be going hiking but would love to meet up for 4x4 trails: Sevenmile Rim, Fins n Things, ???, almost anything easy to moderate trails since I'll have my wife and dog along. More interested in scenic / unique trails. Getting there the weekend before is going to be an adventure too, starting from Grand Junction, going through the desert on easy roads and crossing the Dolores River near Dewey Bridge. If anyone wants to meet up for the backroads to Moab and / or trails in Moab that week PM me. :thumb:

LouisvilleMike
October 19th, 2023, 12:35 PM
Gosh that sounds like a blast. A bad week for us, though. I think a spring trip might work best for us.

Java
October 21st, 2023, 08:33 PM
Post up a spring run, I'm always into Moab if I can make the dates work. :thumb:

We just put this business into our phones for the trip https://www.moabmotorsportsutah.com/

Installing a Stable Seat kit and a Seat Riser kit before Moab so I took the seats out, then decided to pull the carpet while I was at it. It's never been out since Jeep put it in in 2006, this is what the floors looked like:

Java
October 21st, 2023, 08:39 PM
so while I was at it a full interior detail, Jeep style, and a repaint of the floor with Rustoleum Sunrise Red, a coincidental match for Jeep red. I just did a similar job to the rear section a few months ago.

Java
October 21st, 2023, 08:50 PM
Decided to repaint the hardtop too, interior is Rustoleum Hammered Black which is actually a nice dark grey, and the outside is Rustoleum Gloss Black. The pic with the leaves on the top is after a few days of drying.

Jim
October 22nd, 2023, 01:21 AM
Looking great!

`curious the amount of 'big stuff' that made its way under the carpet.

TjMike
October 23rd, 2023, 12:07 PM
Hardtop looks amazing. Curious on how well it will last. Want to do something similar to my hardtop

Java
October 26th, 2023, 05:25 AM
I rolled it so it's a pretty heavy coat, hoping it will last a few years. I'm sure Colorado's sun will de-gloss it pretty quickly! the supplies are sitting on the top, that's how faded it was.

All the stuff under the carpet was towards the rear, the carpet is in pieces so there are places stuff can get in. My dog is a stuff magnet!

Java
October 26th, 2023, 09:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZID2JMKKQg

Java
November 7th, 2023, 08:14 AM
replaced all 4 shocks too, I killed both rears on Yansing this summer and have waited too long. The new Ranchos feel amazing.