PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Flats 5/26

hiimmike
May 31st, 2024, 07:49 PM
Made a run down Kelly Flats this past Sunday. 60mph wind gusts combined with trail damage made for an eventful day.

We started with 9. Three rigs from Off Camber 4x4 group, one rig from TrailsOffroad, and a core five. At the trailhead, the three from Off Camber told us, “we’re going to start up, we’ll see you up there.” They took off. Not before smashing my finger in the guys broke @$$ Rockslide Engineering power sliders/steps. The drivers side wouldn’t stay up. He asked me for duct tape. I brought some over and he said, “I found something.” He was having trouble holding it up where it should be and his two buddies were just staring at him so I said, “I’ll hold this for you so you can have two hands.” He gave me a disgusted look and sighed. I held them and he grabbed it and pulled it down and then smashed it back up while catching my finger and pinching it between. The guy reminded me of the old party dude in Wedding Crashers, he had the necklace, funny tan, and glasses just like him. He was a conceited jerk and I wouldn’t ever want to wheel with him. I know the owner of Off Camber shop and he’s a really nice guy.

After they left us because they were too cool for us, we started up with 6. Half way up Heart Attack Hill my buddy snapped the stud on the upper part of his sway bar end link on the passenger side. He radioed something was wrong and we stopped and looked. The end link and rotated down and got jammed into his CV boot tearing it up and getting grease everywhere. We eventually got it ratchet strapped out of the way and towed him up the rest of the hill, out of the way and onto the flat part just over the concrete at the top. We got to remove skid plates to have the ability to remove the sway bar. All said and done we were about 3 hours of repair time in the 60mph wind gusts. At least it was sunny. Although with all the dirt I might have preferred a light rain, I’d have less dirt in my nose, eyes, mouth, lungs.

After that fun, it was pretty smooth sailing. No one attempted the Chutes, kind of hoped Jim would come to show us how it’s done. A lot of brake light parts at the exit of the Chutes, someone said it looks like it’s getting worse.

I made it out unscathed but had some weird issue with my seat bar disconnect. It wouldn’t reconnect then heard a loud clunk and 5 seconds later, reconnected. Junk.

hiimmike
May 31st, 2024, 07:54 PM
Here me pulling the 10k lb truck up Heart Attack Hill.

https://youtube.com/shorts/IB59myq0zjg?si=L8DVPW7N4H6pw6JP

Jim
June 3rd, 2024, 01:26 PM
oof - a troubling day. `hope the finger's healing well.

I'll have to watch Wedding Crashers to see the old party dude ;-)

hiimmike
July 2nd, 2024, 10:12 AM
Wasn't Wedding Crashers, it's Hall Pass.

Besides that, I got to do a night run with Off Camber and it was a great run! Zach is a really good dude, he's the owner of the club and shop, well, he and his dad.