PDA

View Full Version : Red Cone - 9/13-9/15

Mountaineer01
July 22nd, 2024, 09:21 AM
Previous planning thread: https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?29798-Red-Cone-Weekend-of-8-17-8-24-or-8-31

I am making a new thread since the date has changed from my original plans. We will use this one to plan for the trip.

Tentative plan (open to adjustment):

Friday - Drive down to the area after work and set up camp
Saturday - Red Cone/Webster Pass + North or Middle Fork Swan River, camp in area again
Sunday - Saints John and Santa Fe

If we have extra time we could hit another trail or two, a couple I have interest in are Chihuahua Gulch and Upper Geneva.

If some can't do the whole trip, feel free to join for what you can!

hiimmike
July 22nd, 2024, 09:45 AM
In!!!! I'll just be getting back from Moab and White Rim trail, assuming everything is good, we may come out and camp Friday too. Radical Hill is a good one I hear, interest in that one? We have room for one in Moab.... permit covers 3 and one person had to bail.

Mountaineer01
July 22nd, 2024, 10:00 AM
Radical Hill is a little much for my truck, but I'm open to ride along with someone if we can make the logistics work, or splitting up and meeting on the other side.

I can't fit Moab in before but I will make another Moab trip in October or November. If I go solo I will do White Rim, if the wife joins, we'll camp and do some of the easier trails around town.

GaryG
July 23rd, 2024, 09:10 AM
I'll still be in for Red Cone on Saturday

Mountaineer01
August 15th, 2024, 07:51 AM
Since we have 3 I added to the calendar to see if we get a few more to join. I'm excited to do run these trails!

a1gemmel
August 20th, 2024, 10:41 PM
I'll be flying back into town on the Saturday, I'll let you know closer to if I can make it out for the Sunday run. Sad to be missing Red Cone but that's just the way she goes

Mountaineer01
August 26th, 2024, 08:06 AM
Gary - Are you guys just planning to do Red Cone or camping and other trails as well? Looks like the date change reduced our group so if no one is camping I will need to rethink my plans.

GaryG
August 26th, 2024, 06:24 PM
We were just going to do Red Cone, no camping. And Sept 14 is only possible day for me, Broncos have home opener Sunday and I have season Tix

Mountaineer01
August 27th, 2024, 07:05 AM
We were just going to do Red Cone, no camping.

Ok sounds good. How early can you make it to the trailhead? I believe its a pretty busy trail so we should get an early start if possible.

GaryG
August 29th, 2024, 10:31 AM
It appears my son may have to work, but I'm still in. I can get to the trailhead fairly early, 8-830am. It's a bit less than a hour drive for me.

Jim
August 29th, 2024, 10:46 AM
My schedule is so up in the air right now I've stayed quiet in the thread. _IF_ I have a chance of a solid yes, I'll pipe up but for now, assume I won't be involved.

Steve-O
September 2nd, 2024, 09:48 AM
Where are y’all looking to camp?

Mountaineer01
September 3rd, 2024, 10:12 AM
I was thinking dispersed camping along the trails, but so far its just two of us confirmed and Gary is only coming up for the Red Cone run, if that is the case I most likely will not be camping and will just run Red Cone as well.

78bj40
September 10th, 2024, 08:04 AM
I might be able to join you for Saturday (Red Cone & Webster) and I can meet yo somewhere near the trailhead

Mountaineer01
September 10th, 2024, 09:24 AM
I might be able to join you for Saturday

Sounds good! Since we don't have anyone else committed for multiple days/camping, I will change this to a day run of Red Cone and Webster. If anyone can make it out for the day, come and join!

Mountaineer01
September 10th, 2024, 09:37 AM
I have updated the calendar and created a planned run thread. Since the date changed on the calendar it reset all the responses, please go back and RSVP so we can keep track of who to expect.

Planned run link:
https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?29862-Red-Cone-and-Webster-Pass-Saturday-9-14&p=353771#post353771