PDA

View Full Version : 2024-08 - Forum slowness

ForumAdmin
August 9th, 2024, 11:23 PM
Hello Folks,

I have noticed the forum being sluggish, occasionally, for the past week+. Clicking a link can sometimes take eight seconds.

I contacted the host tonight and told them of the noticed performance issue. They made a change and said it'd be implemented in a couple hours (about 1:30am Saturday morning 9/9/24).

If you notice any sluggishness, please post it in this thread.

Jim
August 10th, 2024, 02:56 PM
Is anyone else noticing occasional sluggishness. I'm seeing performance from snappy to pauses (click a link and wait) of 8 to 60 seconds.

Tom
August 10th, 2024, 03:55 PM
Is anyone else noticing occasional sluggishness. I'm seeing performance from snappy to pauses (click a link and wait) of 8 to 60 seconds.
i am seeing it periodically, but am seeing it also on some other web pages and apps.

FINOCJ
August 11th, 2024, 06:42 AM

yes....sluggish

TjMike
August 12th, 2024, 07:56 AM
Ive noticed it as well. Not all the time but definitely there.

Tom
August 12th, 2024, 07:58 AM
It was slow enough last night that I thought I would use one of those website down checker urls. It said it was down but rally was just the slowness..

Tom
August 27th, 2024, 07:45 PM
Really slow tonight, Aug 27. Timed out on two browsers.
Failed to accept this post.

Jim
August 27th, 2024, 08:20 PM
33 seconds for me to open the thread I noticed slowness twice today. Thanks for the feedback. I'll reopen the support ticket.

Jim
August 27th, 2024, 08:59 PM
Tonight, as it's something I can do, I processed a Clear Auto-Save Table and Clear System Cache. These maintenance tasks might help. I also asked the software to check the database tables - all said OK.

EDIT1: New ticket created at the host regarding the issue.

EDIT2: The time to SAVE the post with EDIT1's text was 30 seconds. Several seconds to open the post to type this text. Uncertain, but expected, to have sluggishness in saving this post.

Jim
August 27th, 2024, 09:04 PM
wow 83 seconds to save "edit2".

Jim
August 27th, 2024, 10:28 PM
Hello Folks,

The host responded with this:

Thank you for contacting us.
We have found some unnecessary connections to the server and have had our engineers eliminate those.
These are small kind of DDoS attacks which cause flooding and slowness.
If this continues tomorrow for your site, please let us know and we can run your site through our CloudFlare DDoS protection for you and manage it as well.
The site is responding better now.

While the site is working well now, and I anticipate it to continue working quickly, please post here if you notice sluggishness. Thanks!