PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Catalytic converter for my 2008 Jeep

Jackie
August 10th, 2024, 07:38 PM
The Jeep is getting old. I'm in need of a catalytic converter that I can afford or my Jeep and I will soon have to part ways I'm afraid.:frown:

Jim
August 10th, 2024, 08:21 PM
While I don't have one to sell, I can heartily recommend Redline Performance Muffler in Loveland.

https://m.facebook.com/Redline-Performance-Muffler-304496039719139/

Jason runs a home based business (shop accessed via the alley).

I've had continued issues with my exhaust hitting the front driveshaft. Two Fort Collins shops tried to fix it (but didn't). Jason looks to have it fixed! Beautiful pipe bends and beautiful welds. The quality of his work is another level compared to the two FoCo shops. Done RIGHT I do believe (no marks on the pipe from Devil's Canyon with full suspension flex down some water valley sections of trail). While my task was fairly simple (says me) it was done same day and the price was quite appreciated.

Jackie
August 11th, 2024, 06:41 AM
My muffler is fine. It's the catalytic converter that I need. (It may not pass the next emissions test). Thanks for the info on the shop though.

Jim
August 11th, 2024, 07:15 AM
A muffler shop does the whole system - cat included.

You could get an emissions test at any time - get one before your sticker expires as that would give time to tend the issue. I believe the cost is $25 (was for me a few weeks ago).

A buddy who was in the auto biz said to get the cat as hot as you can before the test - can you visit a testing center close to a freeway?

newracer
August 12th, 2024, 09:57 AM
I bought a Walker brand off Amazon a few years ago. Way cheaper than factory.

Jackie
August 23rd, 2024, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the info! (Ya learn something new every day)! I think I might try that trick to buy more time.