PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Pass 9-21-24

xaza
September 22nd, 2024, 09:22 AM
Had a great time meeting Isak, his wife and Ben. We ended up with a pretty good sized crew with 5 trucks and 5 pups. We ran out of time as people had other plans and the weather started rolling in so we did not manage to run McClelland. The entrance of the trail is about the toughest part of the trail with a bit of articulating and a few good sized rocks. We all cruised through there with no issues. The start of the shelf road to Argentine just out of Waldorf has 1 obstacle that is probably a little tougher than entrance. Isak did have to back up and find a new line but cruised it easily on second try. He was leading so the rest of us managed to just follow his line. The leaves were beautiful, We had the full range of colors and at times they almost seemed to be glowing. At the top of Argentine we had a bit of drizzling snow and the wind was pretty cold. It was a busy day on the trail with 11 trucks at the top when we reached Waldorf so we stopped for lunch and headed up when we saw several trucks come down. Was a great day with great people.

Jim
September 22nd, 2024, 10:20 AM
Good colors!

Such a difference to the sky in the pass pic.

JandDGreens
September 23rd, 2024, 08:47 PM
Looks like a great time! My wife and I took our Rav-4 and drove Guanella Pass yesterday from the Grant side to George Town. I did some exploring off the road on the Grant side found some great dispersed camping areas that I'm looking forward too, showed my wife the trailhead to Argentine Pass. She has never gone there with me.