PDA

View Full Version : Now this is an FJC

Pathrat
September 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I was impressed by the look and performance of these two FJC's. They can hold their own next to any other built up rig, I think. Super cool.

However, they did kill the enthusiasm I had worked up when they posted up pics of these great looking FJCs on trailers.

Chris
September 20th, 2008, 08:40 AM
:confused: Which 2 would that be?

bskey
September 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
^^ +1... pics please?

Pathrat
September 20th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Ummm, bad Pathrat...the link didn't make it....:o

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-report-photo-section-gps-coordinates/65804-two-solid-axle-fjc-s-moab-rim-trail.html

Funrover
September 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Very sweet, so when are you doing that to your?

Pathrat
September 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Very sweet, so when are you doing that to your?

When am I putting it on a trailer? :eek: Are you nuts?

Funrover
September 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
When am I putting it on a trailer? :eek: Are you nuts?

I can see this.... honest.. I will help do the work! :D

Pathrat
September 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM
It's just a little ole solid axle swap, nothing that means you have to park it on a trailer. Plenty of us have solid fronts - my tow rig would have to be a minivan if I wasn't willing to drive it :D

I think I had mentioned before on here somewhere that All-phase asked me about being a guinea pig for a solid axle swap. I don't have the cash for the parts outlay. I have some less expensive things planned for my rig before I go SAS. :)

And I would love to take a snapshot of a minivan towing a rig down to Moab! :D

Pathrat
September 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I can see this.... honest.. I will help do the work! :D

Will you work for hot dogs, the big ones? :lol:

Thanks!

Funrover
September 21st, 2008, 12:39 AM
Will you work for hot dogs, the big ones? :lol:

Thanks!

ROFLMAO!!! only the big ones hahahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol:

Jimmy
September 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think I had mentioned before on here somewhere that All-phase asked me about being a guinea pig for a solid axle swap. I don't have the cash for the parts outlay. I have some less expensive things planned for my rig before I go SAS. :)

Seems to me if they want to use your rig as a guinea pig, they ought to be willing to absorb a good portion of the expense of the parts. They should consider it an investment into a new product/kit.

Pathrat
September 21st, 2008, 07:42 PM
I don't really want an SAS done to my FJC.

I want Toytec rear custom stock ride springs, the coilover to match in the front, a winch and the knowledge of how to use it, and a bumper for it to go on. :) That is what I would spend my $$$ on, not an axle.

4Runner3Wheeler
September 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
SAS! SAS! SAS! SAS! SAS! I am trying to put together a budget SAS kit that uses old Chevy leaf springs, an '84-85 axle, and other random parts. Ride quality would suffer, but articulation would excel.

How about the sweet cut fenders with tubing too? How about that sweet swing out tire carrier with gerry cans? Beadlocks? Etc...

Pathrat
September 22nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
SAS! SAS! SAS! SAS! SAS! I am trying to put together a budget SAS kit that uses old Chevy leaf springs, an '84-85 axle, and other random parts. Ride quality would suffer, but articulation would excel.

How about the sweet cut fenders with tubing too? How about that sweet swing out tire carrier with gerry cans? Beadlocks? Etc...

I really like that bumper. I commented to Gate Monkey that the gerry can holder would have been REAL useful when we did our expedition to the Maze in Canyonlandsand would be real useful again on other trips. If I keep hitting my rear bumper a new one will become required. :D

isotel
September 29th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Trail Teams had a Stock FJC w/ARB Bumper on Moab Rim with us.. those guys need to be playing at Area BFE with those rigs..

5280Hawk
October 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
There's no doubt that a SFA is the ticket for trails like that.

but, I know two IFS rigs that got through some major sh8t last weekend, that blew me away.

Huh, Andy.

4Runner3Wheeler
October 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
YeeHawww!!!

All I have to say is Hell's Revenge, Fins and Things, Porcupine Rim. We had a last minute trip to Moab to test the IFS rigs.

We avoided the easiest lines and tried some of the harder lines as well. A trip report with some photos may be in order. I'll see what I can dig up.

There's no doubt that a SFA is the ticket for trails like that.

but, I know two IFS rigs that got through some major sh8t last weekend, that blew me away.

Huh, Andy.

Ric
October 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Huh, Andy.

yeppers IFS with a good driver and spotter, can go just about anywhere a SFA can. :)

Pathrat
October 8th, 2008, 09:20 PM
YeeHawww!!!

All I have to say is Hell's Revenge, Fins and Things, Porcupine Rim. We had a last minute trip to Moab to test the IFS rigs.

We avoided the easiest lines and tried some of the harder lines as well. A trip report with some photos may be in order. I'll see what I can dig up.

Well I have done two of the three you list up here, and sub Hell's for Poison Spider, all with my little old front IFS rig :princess:

Yes, find and post some pics for us please

Roostercruiser
October 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
must be ruff having having alot of money but good rides. i took my 99 silverado there on the moab rim trail not a good idea it that ifs sucked. thats why i went back to a solid axle long wheel base suburban. i like the conversion that they did on them fjc

Pathrat
October 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM
must be ruff having having alot of money but good rides. i took my 99 silverado there on the moab rim trail not a good idea it that ifs sucked. thats why i went back to a solid axle long wheel base suburban. i like the conversion that they did on them fjc

Those are really nice FJC's, and there is much more money in those rigs than I have. I don't think I would take mine on the Moab Rim trail. There is a very scenic rim trail that is rated as moderate, can't remember the name, that I plan to hit next trip out. Long wheel bases seem to have the advantage on a number of Moab trails.

Pathrat
October 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Agreed. I love Moab trails and the traction is amazing. I know about walking up those slick rock domes and just sticking to the surface and it still does not fully mediate the increase in my anxiety level when I have my rig at the same angles. I don't think I am completely used to it yet. Give me another season. :D I have a wheelbase of 105.9...perfect.