PDA

View Full Version : China Wall Nov 30

Funrover
September 28th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Should be a fun winter run.. I hope there is snow on the trail by then! :thunb:

Brody
September 29th, 2008, 05:29 AM
We are game for this one, too. I don't think that you are going to have to worry about snow on the trail...How about doing one of the other side roads in the area, too, if we have time??

Telly
September 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
That sounds like a blast but I have the mother in law in town that weekend...so I will be knocking down tequila shots the entire weekend to help ease the pain. I'll be in bad shape by Sunday.

Doug

Funrover
September 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
We are game for this one, too. I don't think that you are going to have to worry about snow on the trail...How about doing one of the other side roads in the area, too, if we have time??

Sounds good to me.... I just want snow because it's more fun.. if there isn't I will still have a good time!

4Runner3Wheeler
September 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I hope I can make it. I will be in KC until Saturday I think. If this is the case and I'm not wiped out, I'd love to make it. I've heard good things about this trail and hope there is snow too. I love your attitude Funrover.:)

SCRubicon
September 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Should be a fun winter run.. I hope there is snow on the trail by then! :thunb:

Snow on China Wall - good times!!! http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3159

4runner freak
October 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm out.
I'll be on my way home from an awesome time with my in-laws, grand-in-laws and nephew-in-laws.:D
(BTW, I like my in-laws, so no need for alcohol)

Funrover
November 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Bump...for good measure!

4Runninfun
November 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
gee aaron got the itch or something?

Funrover
November 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
me?? no.... more like a rash...hahaha

Roostercruiser
November 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
we might be in :cool:

Brody
November 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
How about allowing enough time to do a run of some of the other trails in the area right off of Tarryall road. There are a bunch of them and they just disappear over the hills on either side of the road. we have never been on any of them, but have talked about doing them for awhile.

4Runninfun
November 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
i think that is part of the plan brody.

Funrover
November 8th, 2008, 09:59 PM
There are a TON and I mean TON of spurs.. I am down..... I just did La Salle Pass over there not long ago!

4Runner3Wheeler
November 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I"m going to try and make this. I'm 75% in as of now.

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
What/Where is a good time to meet?

SCRubicon
November 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
We're in unless the bottom falls out.

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 01:46 AM
You can make it!!! I know you can... It will be end of 4x4 season for me after this run. I want to camp too.... But we might be snowboarding the day before so I guess we will see.... It all depends on what I sell on craigslist.

Brody
November 18th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Since most of us have done this trail and know where it is, why not set a time for the trailhead, either FS204 or FS 212 (I'll have to look again to be sure of the ##s), then set times for Springs/Monument and Denver folks to meet.

How about 9:00 or 9:30 at the trailhead? That would give us time to run another trail in the area and still not make for a really long day. The earlier the better for me...

Telly
November 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
There is a good chance I will make this run. I'm with Pete...meet at the trailhead and the earlier the better. I can get some donuts at the Donut Mill in Woodland Park! Doug

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 08:35 AM
That place is good!! YUMMMMMMMMMM

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Side trails - I am up for whatever, I went to Google last night and tooled around some on the sat. images. Where do you guys want to go after China Wall?

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Since most of us have done this trail and know where it is, why not set a time for the trailhead, either FS204 or FS 212 (I'll have to look again to be sure of the ##s), then set times for Springs/Monument and Denver folks to meet.

How about 9:00 or 9:30 at the trailhead? That would give us time to run another trail in the area and still not make for a really long day. The earlier the better for me...

9:30 works for me. I would rather meet at FS 212 if we are going to do it that way. There is more room and you don't have to open any gates. Then come out on FS 204.

74fj40
November 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Count me in! I think kiel will be here so maybe I can drag him along in the 62!

Brody
November 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Side trails - I am up for whatever, I went to Google last night and tooled around some on the sat. images. Where do you guys want to go after China Wall?

How about the first trail that we come to after clearing Chinawall? I haven't heard that anyone from the site has done any of them, so there are all going to be 'new'. There are 4 FS roads almost on the opposite side of the paved road, with a bunch of branches going??...I say just start driving one of them...

FS 212 at 9:30.

Denver folks who want to caravan meet at the Safeway/Starbucks 7:30ish. Figure a little over an hour to Jefferson and 30 minutes from there to the trailhead. And figure that we will probably leave the Safeway lot close to 8AM....

Funrover
November 19th, 2008, 09:56 AM
How about the first trail that we come to after clearing Chinawall? I haven't heard that anyone from the site has done any of them, so there are all going to be 'new'. There are 4 FS roads almost on the opposite side of the paved road, with a bunch of branches going??...I say just start driving one of them...

Denver folks who want to caravan meet at the Safeway/Starbucks 7:30ish. Figure a little over an hour to Jefferson and 30 minutes from there to the trailhead. And figure that we will probably leave the Safeway lot close to 8AM....

Jessica and I spent hours driving on those roads a month or so ago.. they go allover!

Tye
November 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I'm good with any trails with China in them:lol: as said before I will be at my Grandmothers that weekend, have fun...

Funrover
November 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm good with any trails with China in them:lol: as said before I will be at my Grandmothers that weekend, have fun...

Bummer man.. I didn't get many trails in with you this year!

JeepersCreepers
November 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I'm in and I might have 1 or 2 others coming with me. This will be my first time up so I do not know where to meet or go. I talked with Jamie the other night but I need more details of time and place to meet some people.

Funrover
November 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'm in and I might have 1 or 2 others coming with me. This will be my first time up so I do not know where to meet or go. I talked with Jamie the other night but I need more details of time and place to meet some people.

Where in COS are you? I figure there will be a few of us from here that will caravan up together!

Brody
November 23rd, 2008, 05:10 AM

Denver folks who want to caravan meet at the Safeway/Starbucks 7:30ish. Figure a little over an hour to Jefferson and 30 minutes from there to the trailhead. And figure that we will probably leave the Safeway lot close to 8AM....[/QUOTE]

Heres are the times and meeting again for the Denver folks and trailhead time. I'll let Aaron dictate the COS and Monument folks meeting time.

JeepersCreepers
November 23rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Where in COS are you? I figure there will be a few of us from here that will caravan up together!

Eastside of town Peterson Rd and North Carefree area

Funrover
November 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Eastside of town Peterson Rd and North Carefree area

Wanna meet in town or the Mc Donalds in Woodland park??

JeepersCreepers
November 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Wanna meet in town or the Mc Donalds in Woodland park??

Lets meet at the Mcdonalds in woodland park. I might have 1 or 2 other guys going to so that will be a better place for them if they go. What time should we be there?

Jamie
November 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
The Bridge family is in!:D Aaron, if you will carry my small BBQ I'll do hot dogs for the crew? How many are going as of now?

Chris
November 24th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Any particular Safeway/Starbucks Pete? The usual I'm guessing but would hate to leave here at 6:30 to hang out at the wrong place. ;)

Who else from Denver will be meeting there? Anyone?

Funrover
November 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM
The Bridge family is in!:D Aaron, if you will carry my small BBQ I'll do hot dogs for the crew? How many are going as of now?

Yeah no problem!!! Not sure on total numbers. I may start a POST IF YOU ARE GOING thread. I think just 3(maybe 4) of us from CO Springs.

You
UA
Kevin
Me

Funrover
November 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Lets meet at the Mcdonalds in woodland park. I might have 1 or 2 other guys going to so that will be a better place for them if they go. What time should we be there?

I figure McD's at 8:30.. Sound good?

Brody
November 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry...Ill try to be a little more precise:

Conifer Safeway/Starbucks at 7:30 off of Hwy285
FR 212 off of Tarryall Road at 9:30

And Steve....it is the NEW Safeway...not where Staples is now....

HEHE

Our cell # is 303-507-3066

RLMS
November 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
We are going to give this a whirl!!

Justin

JeepersCreepers
November 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I figure McD's at 8:30.. Sound good?

sounds good to me. See ya @ 8:30

RLMS
November 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I llove micki d's for b fast!!yyyyyuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmie:D
justin

Funrover
November 24th, 2008, 11:04 PM
We are going to give this a whirl!!

Justin

What you bringing?

Jamie
November 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Lets get a count so I can have enough hotdogs for everyone.

Funrover
November 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Lets get a count so I can have enough hotdogs for everyone.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458

also add RLMS to the list!

Jamie
November 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Warlord is providing the hotdogs.:thunb: I'll make Aaron carry the BBQ/gas. Thanks Aaron! Good times at the creek!!!!!!!!!

Chris
November 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Free hot dogs! I'll be there for sure!

Funrover
November 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to this! Hot Dogs to boot WOO HOO!!!