PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet Run

Chris
October 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Date: Oct 18th
Time: 10:00 am
Meet: Lowe's parking lot in Castle Rock
Trail: Dakan + Hidden Valley depending in time, etc.
Greet: Rock Yard after the run

Please post if you'll be there.

Discuss/Chat here: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3111

Pathrat
October 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Gate Monkey and I will be there in what our old guy neighbor calls "Big Blue". Not sure about the kids yet, they generally spend Saturdays with their dad.

solid rock
October 5th, 2008, 09:23 PM
in...........for now.

Chris
October 6th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I'm in

Tye
October 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
IN...:jiggy"

Chris
October 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
New folks, this is intended as an easy way to meet the people you see on the forum. More social than wheeling so don't hesitate to join in this one!

:cheers:

Ric
October 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Imgoing to do my best, as this is one of my FAVORTIE trails :D

4runner freak
October 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I won't be able to make it.
I'll be sitting on the beach in CA.

Man Jerk
October 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
When do you think you will all be meeting at the Rock Yard?

I've got baby duty that day, and Christy would not be amused if I took her wheeling.

Chris
October 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm guessing 3:00 Mark, How about giving a call and check on our progress. My T-Mobile doesn't work around CR so maybe someone with a decent cell phone will offer their number up for such calls.

Tye
October 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Chris...use mine 720 434 7146

I can get cell coverage most of the time.

Chris
October 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Tye! How's that Mark? Call Tye and check on our progress to make it to Rock Yard when we'll be getting there. I'm sure others can do it too, right Tye? ;)

Funrover
October 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Looks like I might be in Wyoming :(

Geckodude18
October 9th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I still don't know I have not got any word from work yet.

Tye
October 13th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks Tye! How's that Mark? Call Tye and check on our progress to make it to Rock Yard when we'll be getting there. I'm sure others can do it too, right Tye? ;)

You bet...:thunb:

Chris
October 13th, 2008, 08:09 AM
It looks like I may have picked a bad date for this. The previous (first) get-together has 30+ people show up, this is looking like a half dozen. I'm wondering if we should just make this a run and forget the get-together/meet & greet part.

Opinions/comments?

Tye
October 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Like with any get together some can make it then theres some that cant, we can leave it to the group.

Tye
October 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Like with any get together some can make it then theres some that cant, we can leave it to the group.

I talked to a few people Saturday night about our group and our get together, they seemed real intrested about us, so I would be expecting a few new people.

SCRubicon
October 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I didn't commit to it because I have the in-laws and out-laws in town this weekend. I could probably do the run or the Rock Yard. Both would be pushing some limits.

Chris
October 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, no changes is the way to go. See y'all there ;)

Pathrat
October 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Both would be pushing some limits.

But it would be so worth it :D

Roostercruiser
October 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
were in with just the dakota it will be nice acuallty meeting yall

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
But it would be so worth it :D

You're probably right. I can't hear the insults when I'm not there...:lol:

Tye
October 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Lets do this...:blah:

solid rock
October 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
anyone have room for a rider?

i don't think i'll have my motor mount done.

Tye
October 15th, 2008, 06:06 AM

I dont see why you couldnt ride with Stella and I...

Chris
October 15th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I'll see if Barb's coming or not. I suspect she'll pass then I'll have a shotgun position open. :thunb:

Brody
October 16th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I am going to bail. LaDawn is working and I have way too much vehicle and house stuff to catch up on this weekend. Got too far behind in Fairplay and have Danny's rig to get done, LaDawn's Jeep to fix, I shower pan to pour for the basement shower,etc, etc...

Going to miss going, and going to miss meeting new people and seeing folks that I haven't seen in a bit, but .....

Tye
October 16th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Going to miss going, and going to miss meeting new people and seeing folks that I haven't seen in a bit, but .....[/QUOTE]

Seems like now that your in town we see less of you two...I'll shower :D

Tye
October 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thats a drag Pete :( we were looking forward to seeing you guy's...

Chris
October 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Hey Jim, any progress on the motor mount? If not you can ride with me as Barb has other plans.

Sorry you're going to pass Pete.

Pathrat
October 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I am going to bail. LaDawn is working and I have way too much vehicle and house stuff to catch up on this weekend. Got too far behind in Fairplay and have Danny's rig to get done, LaDawn's Jeep to fix, I shower pan to pour for the basement shower,etc, etc...

Going to miss going, and going to miss meeting new people and seeing folks that I haven't seen in a bit, but .....

Vacation can't come soon enough, huh? I have walls to paint, papers to file, food to go buy, a basement to clean up, blah blah blah. I do not have the discipline! :D I know where you live, so see you two soon anyways.

Brody
October 17th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Yup...got 5 months of stuff to catch up on, much of which I need to get done before winter. A couple of things are projects that are going to make some money and require some time to set up and get working.. Gotta get the Jeep running, too...

Going to try to do the next run after the meet and greet, though, whatever it is. Still gotta get the ARBs fixed, too. Would've been fun to go...

Tye
October 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Well Lucy has done it to me again, as I'm pulling up at work I hear a noise (Land Rover) magine that, so as I'm walking away from my truck there is a huge puddle of green fluid :eek: since I'm at work I can only hope to get her fixed and running...:bang:

Funrover
October 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Well Lucy has done it to me again, as I'm pulling up at work I hear a noise (Land Rover) magine that, so as I'm walking away from my truck there is a huge puddle of green fluid :eek: since I'm at work I can only hope to get her fixed and running...:bang:

Let me know if I can help anymore!

Tye
October 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I ordered parts from Atantic British and will be here on Tuesday...it was cheaper ordering on line: Water pump, Thermostat and gaskets for 150.00 w/shipping
The pump local would have 256.00 alone.

So in short Im out of the run.

solid rock
October 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
i will be attemping the motor mount tonight.
my boy wants to go and bring a buddy.
i might have someone from work ridding with me also.

so how many rigs now with all the drop outs?

jim

Chris
October 17th, 2008, 02:36 PM
so how many rigs now with all the drop outs?

No way to know, I figure we'll see in the morning. :thunb:

Roostercruiser
October 17th, 2008, 05:41 PM
im still in with my wife and kids and bringing the dodge dakota

Chris
October 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be there. Can't go back through this thread to see who is and isn't but we'll see in the morning how many show up.

gragravar
October 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
sorry all, I ended up having to travel to CA for the week and am just getting home and getting caught up. I dont know if I can figure a way to get away for both a run and a meet and greet, but I am gonna try. If I make it to the Lowes, then I'll do both with you all. If you dont see me there, dont wait for me, and I'll catch you all in the afternoon.

solid rock
October 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
new/used mount is in!

see ya in the AM!
me,my boy and the dog.

DON'T PET MY DOG WHILE HE'S IN THE TRUCK!!!!

HE'LL PEE WHERE HE STANDS!!!!!!!!

Chris
October 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Good to hear Jim, see you in a couple hours!

Can't wait to pet the pug! :lol:

Pathrat
October 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
We can't find my daughter's cat. She was out all night, didn't come home and we need to go look for her. Sorry we can't make it.

gragravar
October 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
My to do list seems to have grown overnight. I am not gonna make the trail run. I should be able to make the meet & greet at 3 though.

gragravar
October 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Awww darn it. I just came in from working in the yard and noticed it is 20 to 3. castle rock is an hour from here. looks like I am not gonna make the beer GTG either. I guess I will catch you all next time.

Pathrat
October 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
We went to Table Mountain shelter, no cat. Put a lost cat ad up. No cat. :(