PDA

View Full Version : Steve needs a good project for the winter...

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
5.7l stuffed in a JK (http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=284712&posted=1#post284712)

so whatcha think steve? :thunb:

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
5.7??? 6.1 Hemi baby!!! :D

http://www.quadratec.com/products/51109_1X1_PG.htm

Minus engine and trans...

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 03:32 PM
good god man! i thought you wanted a jeep not a rocket ship...:lol:

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Well, when I'm done blasting off... There's always the diesel conversion for the TJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ULDv7vCKs

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 03:41 PM
now you're just making me jealous. I REALLY want to make my 4runner a greaser!

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Gotta blame Aaron. He puts these diesel ideas in my head. :D

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
i blame aaron for a lot of things!!!

Funrover
October 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT how is it my fault? I do support the idea however...

Hey Jon I found you a rat rod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlov_t4fjg&feature=related

Funrover
October 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I would really love to have a diesel in my rover and in my '65.. someday!

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh45CBDc5iw&feature=related :D

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
makes you wish the dummy auto companies would give us some real choices in engines!

Funrover
October 14th, 2008, 05:06 PM

JESUS THAT IS HUGE!!!

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
now you're just making me jealous. I REALLY want to make my 4runner a greaser!

There's a guy that has a real neat Mercedes Benz greaser on Youtube. The grease tank sits where the spare tire was. We'd call you Taco John...:lol:...

SCRubicon
October 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM
JESUS THAT IS HUGE!!!

Sounds like a bulldozer :D

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 08:05 PM
There's a guy that has a real neat Mercedes Benz greaser on Youtube. The grease tank sits where the spare tire was. We'd call you Taco John...:lol:...

:lol:

Pathrat
October 14th, 2008, 10:23 PM

What the hell is this? Someone had a tractor and some tires? Ok guys, the girl wants to know what a 'greaser' is, and NOT John Travolta.

4Runninfun
October 14th, 2008, 11:06 PM
greaser, or grease car is a car that can run on waste veggie oil (WVO) or biodiesel. you do tend to smell like french fries going down the road. lol

Tye
October 15th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Gotta blame Aaron. He puts these diesel ideas in my head. :D

I'm with ya on this one...:p

Funrover
October 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I'm with ya on this one...:p

WOW.. It's a tough crowd here LOL:lol::lol::lol: But you know it would be sweet, I keep telling ya

Pathrat
October 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
makes you wish the dummy auto companies would give us some real choices in engines!

If I had a choice and could get a hybrid that would do what I can do with my current ride off pavement and have the battery powered eco-saving in town.

Funrover
October 15th, 2008, 10:57 PM
battery powered eco-saving in town.

Well it may save you some $$$ those batteries and so called eco-friendly cars are worse for the environment than what you drive now. I'll stop now before I get into a rant

Pathrat
October 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Well it may save you some $$$ those batteries and so called eco-friendly cars are worse for the environment than what you drive now. I'll stop now before I get into a rant

feel free to rant a pm my way. I don't know much about all of it other than less gas and I would like something to power my vehicle without creating issues.

4Runninfun
October 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
well i will be nice but one of the biggest problems i have with people who think that hybrid/ electric cars are the wave of the future is that batteries are made with nickel and the big nickel mine in canada has been cited as one of the biggest environmental disasters. batteries are incredibly toxic things. filled with all sorts of other horrible things. If you want my opinion i'm waiting for hydrogen cars to come out. BMW has one and honda is supposed to be releasing one as well.

Pathrat
October 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
well i will be nice but one of the biggest problems i have with people who think that hybrid/ electric cars are the wave of the future is that batteries are made with nickel and the big nickel mine in canada has been cited as one of the biggest environmental disasters. batteries are incredibly toxic things. filled with all sorts of other horrible things. If you want my opinion i'm waiting for hydrogen cars to come out. BMW has one and honda is supposed to be releasing one as well.

Agreed. Maybe I should have said fuel cell cars or whatever it is that is not going to be substituting one problem for another.

Funrover
October 16th, 2008, 10:36 PM

Mercedes has had one for years, called the necar, I really am curious as to why they has been no big push myself. You figure it's about as safe as a gas take in all honesty

SCRubicon
October 17th, 2008, 01:37 AM
If theyed just make a car that would run on beer farts...

4Runninfun
October 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mercedes has had one for years, called the necar, I really am curious as to why they has been no big push myself. You figure it's about as safe as a gas take in all honesty

it's probably for the same reason that we don't import any of Europe's cars that get FAR better gas mileage than any of our domestic cars.

Steve why not taco bell farts too? you KNOW you'd never run out!

Tye
October 20th, 2008, 10:20 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funrover
October 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM

I'd have to drink more hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

SCRubicon
October 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'd have to drink more hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You mean you'd have to start drinking...:lol:...

Funrover
October 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM
You mean you'd have to start drinking...:lol:...

Meh.. it's overrated! Refried bean farts are the power of the future!:eek:

SCRubicon
October 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM
So, you're saying that one day Mexico can become a world super power??? :D

Funrover
October 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
So, you're saying that one day Mexico can become a world super power??? :D

LMAO!!! Well it's a way to boost their economy!

4Runner3Wheeler
October 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
If my model 4Runner was available with a turbo diesel, it would be no question which engine I would choose. The Hilux Surf in Great Britain comes with a couple diesel options. CAFE restrictions in the US may be playing a role, but even before CAFE, why no diesel SUVs here????? Totally fuct up. Low end torque, last forever, WVO conversion kits, etc...

I'm with you Aaron. If I had my drothers, I would have purchased a diesel yota. Currently, I don't know of any good diesel swaps into my rig unless I could get a british engine that would likely match up.

At some point in my rig's life it will need a new engine. I have been planning to do a 3.4L swap and have seen some footage of a IUZFE V8 swap into a 2nd gen. rig like mine. The V8 can do burnouts. :D. You could do the Wheeler Lake loop in 3 minutes flat. If you have ever driven an older 4Runner, especially the 3.0(slo), this is night and day.

Here is a quick link to show the muscle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaZ47n_4Uk&feature=related

WOW.. It's a tough crowd here LOL:lol::lol::lol: But you know it would be sweet, I keep telling ya