PDA

View Full Version : FJC maintenance service

Pathrat
November 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I need some general maintenance on my not even close to paid for, FJC. I hit 30K miles, I have driven it hard during this wheeling season, starting in April with a trip to Moab, and in some pretty dusty and sandy environments. Brody and Tye lifted my suspension. I need an alignment, the servicing of my diffs and t-case, a cabin air filter, and probably some general tightening of things like the e-brake. I called up the dealership, told them what I needed on what and they referred me to Slee. I don't wanna go to Slee. I don't wanna go to the Aurora Toyota dealership, even though they are known in the local circles (so I hear) as a mod-friendly service department.

I have already emailed Off Road Solutions to see if they do such maintenance work (I know they have a place they use for alignments, but I don't know who it is). I am soliciting other suggestions, and I would like to hear from the other FJC guys too.

TYIA :)

RockyMtnHigh
November 5th, 2008, 01:49 AM
For alignments I did the lifetime thing at Firestone. There's been some bad things said about them here locally, but it depends on which of the locations you take it to. I go to the one on Colorado Blvd and 120th.

Not sure why a dealership would pawn you off on Slee for the rest of the maintenance though. None the less, don't waste your money on paying any of them for the labor. We can do everything else, the diff servicing isn't hard, I haven't heard of anyone doing anything to the T-case yet, I guess I can ask Eric about that. Haven't messed with the e-brake yet but I can figure it out and you can pay one of the dealers a visit and get the cabin air filter and we can change that out too.

I have been hosting wrenching days at my house for the past couple of months, we can probably set something up if you're interested.

Pathrat
November 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
RMH, PM sent

gragravar
November 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
for really good alignment work at really inexpensive prices, check out Stan's Alignment in Aurora (Chester St about a block north of Colfax).

as for the rest of your toyota maintenance I am gonna be no help. sorry.

Pathrat
November 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
for really good alignment work at really inexpensive prices, check out Stan's Alignment in Aurora (Chester St about a block north of Colfax).

as for the rest of your toyota maintenance I am gonna be no help. sorry.