PDA

View Full Version : Barbour Fork - 11/8/08

Chris
November 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I took a little drive today giving my grandkids their first taste of driving on the rocks, Barbour Fork is perfect for it since Indian Springs is right there. They had a great time and we met my wife daughter and 18 month old grand daughter afterwards to spend the rest of the day playing in the pool. Nice day and the trail, scheduled to be closed next weekend, looks good. Pretty clean with the expected spent casings and shattered pigeons all around at our 'lunch spot.' The kids wanted to know what all the shells were and my son-in-law and I told them. Not long later my grand daughter said "Poppa, what are these?" and handed me a box of 5.56mm's unused. :eek: "Honey, you better give those to me." Our adoption sign and the Stay the Trail are still intact, no bullet holes or damage which is probably a record of some kind. Nice to see.

Pathrat
November 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Glad to see you all had a good time and our trail isn't a mess. :) I am very pleased to see that our sign is intact. I am less than pleased to see that a small child found that box of ammo. Stupid slob shooters.

Jimmy
November 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM
For what ammo costs nowadays, you wouldn't find me leaving a box behind!

Funrover
November 8th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Looks like all smiles!