PDA

View Full Version : DAMNIT!!! Jeep might be totaled

Funrover
November 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Well Jessica was in another accident, she was rear ended at 50 MPH by a cavalier. the sub frame, spring mounts, hitch, bumper, rear hatch is all demolished.... Oh joy....

Jessica is okay, her back and neck is tight and she will be going to the doctor to make sure all is well! This has been a rough week!

Chris
November 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Bad news for sure, rear ended at 50 sure sounds like it'll be totaled. :(

Hope to hear a good report after Jessica sees the doc.

Sorry this happened...

Funrover
November 10th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Bad news for sure, rear ended at 50 sure sounds like it'll be totaled. :(

Hope to hear a good report after Jessica sees the doc.

Sorry this happened...

Wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't been in a wreck last week and her great Aunt died and the funeral was last Friday.... so yeah timing sucks!

Pathrat
November 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Pretty rough Aaron, glad she is ok and going to a doc. Often times symptoms manifest after a day or two.

Tye
November 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Holy crap, talk about a run...

Brody
November 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Aaron

Best to Jessica and keep us posted as to how she is doing. Hope that she is OK.

What a run of luck....Let us know if there is anything we can do, too...

Funrover
November 11th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I will keep everyone updated!

RLMS
November 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Dude thats crazy, I'm glad she is OK

Justin

Jimmy
November 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Cherokees are easy to come by... Jessicas aren't. Good to hear she came out alright!

Funrover
November 11th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Cherokees are easy to come by... Jessicas aren't. Good to hear she came out alright!

That is an understatement..... I was worried to say the least. We will be going to the doc this afternoon to do the medical check up. I bet she is ok but I don't want to chance it. If all that happens is we lose a Jeep I am ok with that!

SCRubicon
November 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. I hope everything turns out ok.

Chris
November 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
We will be going to the doc this afternoon to do the medical check up. I bet she is ok but I don't want to chance it.

Good to know, let us know how she checked out. Like Pathrat said, stuff can show up afterwards...

Funrover
November 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Ok I am back with the report on Jessica. Turns out she did suffer a concussion and her neck muscle/vertibre are straighter then they should be.. but nothing major and she now has high power meds.... every 8 hours for one and at night once a day for the other!

But she is okay... nothing major and all will be OK!

Funrover
November 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I went out and looked at the Jeep, Damage I have found thus far:

Driver side seat... gone
rear bumper.... gone
trailer hitch ... gone
driver rear 1/4 .... gone
subframe behind rear axle ... gone
exhaust from cat back ... gone
driver side shackle .. gone
rear hatch ... cracked but repairable
also noticed doors now hit the strikers on the pillar

That is what I noticed so far.

Chris
November 11th, 2008, 07:59 PM

That's good to hear. :thunb:

Now you can talk about the Cherokee. :lol:

Pathrat
November 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Aaron, glad to hear Jess will be fine! :woot:

Funrover
November 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM
It sucks that she hurts...... wish I could do more.... I found out the person that hit her was 72. That explains why she didn't more for over 30 min and why she was hauled out on a back brace. I hope she is okay also!

Brody
November 12th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Hey

Glad that Jessica is ok! Too bad about the Jeep.

I was at Colorado Auto Parts yesterday and saw that they had a slew of Jeeps in their yard as usual. This is a 'pick and pull' and their prices are pretty good. I used this place a lot when I had a Jeep XJ.

Brody
November 12th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Hey

I was at Colorado Auto Parts yesterday and saw that they had a slew of Jeeps in their yard as usual. This is a 'pick and pull' and their prices are pretty good. I used this place a lot when I had a Jeep XJ.

Make sure that Jessica gets an MRI and/or a CAT scan before everyone calls things 'good enough'. As PAthrat said a lot can turn up later on, long after the fact...

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I hate waiting for the adjusters...... I should be somewhere else right now

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Adjuster was just here.... It's totaled. She didn't even have to look that hard, once I showed her the sub-frame she said totaled.

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Some pics

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0679.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0683.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0687.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0681.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0678.jpg

Pathrat
November 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hey

Make sure that Jessica gets an MRI and/or a CAT scan before everyone calls things 'good enough'. As PAthrat said a lot can turn up later on, long after the fact...

Echo. You don't want her to be a part of the Bionic Disc Club

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
believe me..... I don't want her to suffer any pain!!!! EVER I hate seeing her hurt

Brody
November 13th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I know that feeling! I would rather cut off a foot (do a 'Ralston') than see LaDawn in pain...

As an aside, betcha didn't know that 'Ralston' became a verb in the climbing community shortly after he hacked his arm off. 'Doing a Ralston', 'Ralstoned', or any variation on this refers to getting a hand, arm, elbow, knee, foot, or other appendage stuck very thoroughly in a fissure or crack in the rock while rock climbing, usually through an act of stupidity. I actually heard some snowboarders use the term a couple of years ago when one of them buried themselves in a huge drift... Anyway, a term easily transferred to the world of wheeling where people stick their arms or feet out of the rig to keep it from rolling over (re Def Leppard). I personally set some idiots broken ankle (sans pain meds cause I felt he needed a lesson) who stuck his leg out of a Jeep to keep it from rolling...and righted his Jeep, got it running, got a fire going for the 3 young girls with him that he was trying to impress and got them back to the actual road(they were on a motocross trail...)...I wanted to hit him in the head, but restrained myself...

Pathrat
November 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
believe me..... I don't want her to suffer any pain!!!! EVER I hate seeing her hurt

Sounds like you are doing a good job of taking care of her.:)

Funrover
November 13th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Trying... I feel helpless

Pathrat
November 13th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Trying... I feel helpless

but you aren't being helpless.

Funrover
November 13th, 2008, 10:53 PM
well to add insult to injury she is now sick from kids at her work.. I really am helpless :( I don't know how to fix it.

gragravar
November 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
aww man, I have been away for a couple days and havent seen this until today.

Glad to hear she is OK (well except for the being sick part), too bad about the Jeep though.

hope he luck for both of you improves! take it easy this weekend.

Funrover
November 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well it was a sad day today. around 11 or so the Jeep left us for good! Here it is being hauled away on the biggest flatbed I have seen in CO!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0694.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0695.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0696.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Jeep%20damage/IMG_0697.jpg

I know it doesn't look bad in the pics... but that unibody is destroyed.... That Jeep served my family well it whole life, it really was a bummer to see it go!

gragravar
November 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
:-( a sad day for the jeep.

Wanna buy a rover? ;-) :thunb:

Funrover
November 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM
:-( a sad day for the jeep.

Wanna buy a rover? ;-) :thunb:

LMAO!! I don't think we are gonna buy anything actually... Sorry! I do like your RRC though.

Funrover
October 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! One of the roofers at my jobsite is currently driving this Jeep.. I couldn't believe it!

Warrlord
October 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM

That's good to hear :thunb:

collkid
October 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Well thats kinda odd.

But right on

Funrover
October 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
It just couldn't stay away from ya!!:2thumbs:

LOL... I know I fixed it up, spent time taking care of it and all... but this is just CRAZY!! :eek: :lol:

Chris
October 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Brings to mind this car. Watch your back Funrover. ;)

Funrover
October 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Brings to mind this car. Watch your back Funrover. ;)

LMAO!!! :lol::lol: Nice connection..LMAO!! I just talked to the owner, he bought it at an auction up here in Denver off 2nd and broadway. It's just crazy. He loves it! :thunb:

BlackRubi
October 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Ok I am back with the report on Jessica. Turns out she did suffer a concussion and her neck muscle/vertibre are straighter then they should be.. but nothing major and she now has high power meds.... every 8 hours for one and at night once a day for the other!

Meds won't fix her neck, just the pain. For the sake of her long term health, PLEASE send her to a chiro for her neck to be re-aligned! You'd be surprised the illnesses a spinal subluxation will cause~ (Best of luck to you both *Ashley)