PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Caravan for Kids 2008

SCRubicon
November 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
This year's event, the 6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids, is scheduled for December 6, 2008 at the Jeffco Event Center. It is something we (me and the wife) enjoy going to every year, and it is for a good cause. Figured I'd throw the idea out there for the Front Range 4x4 family.

(I did a copy paste from another site for some info on the toy drive)

6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

This year the event will be held on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 10am till 2 pm at Jefferson County Event Center.
Again this year, vendors and their rigs inside the area, karate demonstrations and much, much more.

So, bring your rock rods, your trailer queens, and your daily drivers along
with a new unwrapped toy for donation to one of the meeting points listed
below and caravan into Jefferson County Event Center to meet up with others from around the State for the Meet and Greet to follow.

Like last year,participants will get commemorative dash plaques and tickets for the FREE raffle following a FREE lunch!

Bring a toy and meet up at one of the below locations to join the caravan down to Jefferson County Event Center

Northwest Metro
Westminster Mall
Southeast Corner
near Sheridan and 88th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

East Metro
SW Corner of I-225 and 6th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

Southeast Metro
Home Depot
parking lot on Arapahoe Road
east of I-25
(departs @ 10am)

Southwest Metro
Southwest Plaza Mall
South Side near Sears
(departs @ 10am)

Northern Colorado Locations generally form up in Greeley, Loveland, Longmont. Watch for those details.

We recognize that things are a lot tighter this year than they were last year and that's a double edged sword...It means less available to give and more need on the receiving in. We absolutely appreciate everything everyone has done in the past and want to thank you in advance for all of your efforts this year!!!

SCRubicon
November 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
You can get a copy of the official flyer here http://www.openheartsopenroads.net/

In the main menu, click the Christmas Caravan for Kids link, go to CCFK 2008, and there you will find the CCFK flyer.

Chris
November 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
No cut & paste of the post that says "bring big toys" so we can win as the club with the most full truckloads of toys? :rant:

Chris
November 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Oh, I do like this idea and plan to take part. :)

SCRubicon
November 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
No cut & paste of the post that says "bring big toys" so we can win as the club with the most full truckloads of toys? :rant:

Those shenanaguns are not in the spirit of giving. It's not about winning anything.

SCRubicon
November 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
And, I thought we were a "Non Club" Club :D

Brody
November 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
We aren't going to be in town or we would be there.

I was thinking about posting a 'Toys for Tots' run sometime in the future...

Chris
November 12th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Those shenanaguns are not in the spirit of giving. It's not about winning anything.

Agreed ;)

And, I thought we were a "Non Club" Club :D

Agreed, except I know we are :thunb:

Funrover
November 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I will see what I can do.. I will give, no doubt there, just don't know if I can drive yet!

Pathrat
November 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I like this. I am on my own that weekend I think so I should be able to participate.

EDIT: have to fit in fixing Hunter's Mercedes and some other home requirements but if I don't get to go I will send toys.

Patrolman
November 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Not sure what is on my schedule for that weekend yet, but it surely is a GREAT cause. I hope to see a great turnout from the wonderful folks on this site! Everyone rocks!

KnuckleHead
December 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
just woundering who is going to join in on this 1?

We will be there, meeting at 6th and 225 at 10. Anyone else?

Funrover
December 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
just woundering who is going to join in on this 1?

We will be there, meeting at 6th and 225 at 10. Anyone else?

I will be watching my 7 month old nephew... I am out!

SCRubicon
December 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'll be at the Southwest Plaza Mall location in the morning. If anybody wants to meet up that would be great. If not, maybe we can hook up at the Jeffco Fairgrounds later on?

Roostercruiser
December 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
im out i am seeing my dad for the first time since 1990 he is flying in for one day and sunday he is seeing my sister in lamar then back to whereever he was. seeing him not my choice but im not gonna let him miss seeing his grandkids for the first and probobly only time

Pathrat
December 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I'll be at the Southwest Plaza Mall location in the morning. If anybody wants to meet up that would be great. If not, maybe we can hook up at the Jeffco Fairgrounds later on?

After asking everyone to get out there and donate turkeys, I won't be on this worthy volunteer run. :o However, I do plan on dropping off toys and things to kids who need help, just through other venues. I would have liked to have met up with you there Steve.