PDA

View Full Version : $226,521 LeMans Tempest

Chris
November 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Very cool story - http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/10/ebay-find-of-the-day-1963-lemans-tempest-sells-for-226-521/

Funrover
November 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
WOW...... Never know what you are gonna find on Ebay 1 of 6 very cool!

Chris
November 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Everyone's fantasy isn't it? Finding some really cool vehicle at a steal (seller in this case) :D

Jimmy
November 15th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I love those stories!

Being a (former) Corvette buff, you hear of the incredible finds and one such one was a '67 L88 (oh... I think one of 20 or something - I can't remember for sure) which had less than 100 miles on it. The original owner bought it to drag race (the L88s were not equipped with creature comforts in an effort to keep the average joe from buying one; they were intended for racing), ran it a few times at the track, didn't like how it ran and wanted to improve it, pulled a few key motor components, and WALLED OFF the car in the back of his garage (can't remember why). So for God knows how many years, this car sat along the back wall of a garage surrounded by blocks/bricks. Someone comes along and begins ripping out the wall and finds it. Crazy. Don't remember what happen to the original owner - obviously he took the secret to his (probably early) grave.

Chris
November 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, stuff fantasies are made of! :cool:

Speaking of walling off. My father told me his generation would measure exteriors of old New England homes and compare against interior dimensions. If there was a significant difference it was likely to have a section of original construction behind a wall - like fireplaces, built-ins bookcases, cabinets, etc. that went out of fashion.

I'd rather find an L88 personally. ;)

Tye
November 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Wow

sorrry just saw this.