PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody

Hokie Cruiser
November 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I'm Brian, live in Highlands Ranch and recently (somewhat) moved to CO from places east of here that shall never be mentioned.

Anyway, we have an 01 Land Cruiser...havent done much to her other than find a new home for her running boards (my shed), put some Nitto TGs on her and got a roof top tent. Since we are new to CO, we spent the summer exploring a lot of the easier trails on this side of the state and looking for old mines and towns. I'll add some sliders and a roof rack this spring. Next summer, I hope to make a trip to the SW corner of CO and to Moab.

I have a wife, two boys under 6yo and a giant dog that occupy most of my time, so when we go out explorin', we stop a lot to throw rocks in creeks and play in snow when we find it. My other car is a minivan...and will defend it's practicality forever.

Glad I found this site.

KnuckleHead
November 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Welcome aboard... here you will find a good group of people that like to just have fun and lend a hand when posiable

Jimmy
November 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Welcome Brian! I too have a wife, two boys (4 and 2) which occupy most of my time. In another thread, we were discussing how those of us with young kids need to have a few "other" activities outside of being strapped in the car all day. :)

Hope to see you on a trip sometime soon!

Funrover
November 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome

Roostercruiser
November 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM
us two have 2 kids 14 months and 4 1/2 years old and enjoy wheelin around the mountains the kids sleep while being bounced around. and this site is nothing but the nicest and most helpfull bunch guys and gals you will ever meet. welcome

Chris
November 16th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Hi Brain, welcome to Front Range 4x4! I also have a wife and two kids, 27 & 23, 3 grandkids 6,4 & 1 and a fourth on the way. ;)

It's always nice to have another Land Cruiser to keep the balance from swaying too far to the Jeeps & Rovers. Just kidding, the best thing about FR4x4 after the people is the variety of trucks they drive.

It wasn't too many years ago my wife and I were in your position of exploring the state and we're far from done. Looking forward to meeting on a run or elsewhere before too long!

:welcome:

Pathrat
November 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome to Front Range! I like your introduction. I too have two children and although they are older (13 and 16) they still take up a lot of my time. :) No wife though, but my husband is GateMonkey. I don't admit to many that I drove a minivan for five years, but will attest to the usefulness after driving my kids, when they were MUCH younger, across country twice.

Funrover
November 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
BTW.... the SW corner is well worth it... a wonderful/beautiful place, make sure to give yourself/your family plenty of time to explore down there!

Brody
November 17th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Hey Brian

Welcome to the site! I hope that you enjoy it and all the people that you will meet on it. All I can do is to agree with what everyone else has said about the people here...otherwise I'd be repeating myself...

Hope to wheel with you soon. We don't have any kids at all, but manage to get along with them for short periods of time....

SCRubicon
November 19th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Welcome to Front Range!!! If you're a Hokie you must be from the way, way east - like me :D