PDA

View Full Version : The destroyer

Jim"The Destroyer"Merrick
November 18th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hi everybody, I was introduced to rocking three weeks ago we climbed and destroyed my rig on China Gulch, I was very impressed at how fast I could destroy a perfectly good Jeep in such a short amount of time. Jamie, Steve and Joe literally prevented me from totally scrapping what once was a good Jeep….my thanks goes out to all who hoisted, pulled, pushed and dragged my jeep up and down the mountain for hours till midnight and AAA for dragging the beast back to COS, I had a hell of a good time….my wife cant figure out why …. But Im sure all you guys understand….I will have my rig ready by new years….and this time I will me better prepared….hopefully.http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

4Runninfun
November 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
welcome to the forum! i heard about your proposed upgrades...NICE!!!

Chris
November 18th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Welcome Jim! We're already kind of familiar with your "old rig" and look foward to seeing the new improved version! Glad you had a good time despite the carnage. :eek:

Eventually :princess: will hopefully understand and accept the whole thing and be on board with you. Mine came around and now loves getting out almost as much as I do and even kind of accepts the associated expenses.

Glad to have you here and will be expecting a build thread once you get started on the mods.

:welcome:

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome man.. I have heard all about that day, I was bummed I was unable to make it!

November 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
We had a great time the guys were great and the ride was awsome.

Welcome man.. I have heard all about that day, I was bummed I was unable to make it!

November 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I just got the rear dif in and started welding the perches last night, the front diff will be in next week.....Jamie said he did not here the rear or the front go ...the reason is the drivers side rear shaft shatered right in the middle, good quality dana 35's, actually they lasted 14 years without problems, I should'nt bich........

welcome to the forum! i heard about your proposed upgrades...NICE!!!

November 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Actually she is coming around, she is a sweet heart and was a real trooper on the ride...that was just one of those rides she should have stayed home....upfront money is what she had problems with so much so soon....but I will have the Grand up and running soon.

Welcome Jim! We're already kind of familiar with your "old rig" and look foward to seeing the new improved version! Glad you had a good time despite the carnage. :eek:

Eventually :princess: will hopefully understand and accept the whole thing and be on board with you. Mine came around and now loves getting out almost as much as I do and even kind of accepts the associated expenses.

Glad to have you here and will be expecting a build thread once you get started on the mods.

:welcome:

Funrover
November 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Can't wait to see the upgrades!

ShutUpHippie
November 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'd love to see some before and afters if it doesn't hurt too much.. :D

Pathrat
November 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hi and Welcome! :) I have to say I was apprehensive about running OCG for the first time after I saw what happened to you! :eek:

SCRubicon
November 19th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Welcome to Front Range!!!

Brody
November 19th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Love the "Destroyer" part! Welcome back to the site! I can't wait to see the new rig! The upgrades that you are making are going to turn it into a pretty tough ride without damaging the on road handling very much. Great people here, too.

Take a walk though at Colorado Auto Parts one day (lotsa Jeeps there) just to get an idea of just how bad your wheeling wasn't...

November 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I will have plenty of pics .... and the problem with my Jeep was the gearing and the clutch....the cluch was burning due to a badly polished fly-wheel and the gears were geared way to high ..... these new upgrades will solve those problems..... and then back to OCG to find out what else is weak......

Hi and Welcome! :) I have to say I was apprehensive about running OCG for the first time after I saw what happened to you! :eek:

November 19th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Steve, got my front dif in, I will be welding all weekend...the new t-case is still on order tho, and I have to have a good drive shaft made....Jamie has turned me on to a drive-train shop here in COS so I will get it done right. Oh by the way Marie lost the camera USB cable to down load the pics so I need to get a new one.

Welcome to Front Range!!!

Tye
November 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the Range Jim, hope all the mods go well and do some good...