PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover commercial

Pathrat
November 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Many of the Constant Readers read a post I put up a while back whining about the lame FJ Cruiser commerical. So tonight I am watching the National Geographic Channel and I see an advertisement for Land Rover. It was cool! I almost wanted one! They showed driving sideways through the mud is some tropical country, with local people standing on the slider not in the mud, while all the cool gear was strapped to the roof rack. They highlighted using Rovers for arctic expeditions, humanitarian work, military forays...wow.

Tye
November 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I have seen that one, its pretty cool

Funrover
November 20th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Many of the Constant Readers read a post I put up a while back whining about the lame FJ Cruiser commerical. So tonight I am watching the National Geographic Channel and I see an advertisement for Land Rover. It was cool! I almost wanted one! They showed driving sideways through the mud is some tropical country, with local people standing on the slider not in the mud, while all the cool gear was strapped to the roof rack. They highlighted using Rovers for arctic expeditions, humanitarian work, military forays...wow.

I have not seen it.. but the mud scene sounds like Camel trophy style!

Am I right Tye?

Tye
November 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yes sir...thats what I was think of when I was reading it.

When I get the video of the Camel Trophy back from Steve I will pass it on to you Steph, its the one that got me hooked of course I had one before I saw it. I hope you still have a VHS...

Pathrat
November 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Yes sir...thats what I was think of when I was reading it.

When I get the video of the Camel Trophy back from Steve I will pass it on to you Steph, its the one that got me hooked of course I had one before I saw it. I hope you still have a VHS...

Thanks, and actually I DO still have a vhs player. :)

Funrover
November 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks, and actually I DO still have a vhs player. :)

Hell yeah.. I have 3 in my house I ROCK!!! LOL :lol::lol:

Tye
November 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hell yeah.. I have 3 in my house I ROCK!!! LOL :lol::lol:

Like Hillbilly Deluxe :lol::lol:

Funrover
November 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
Like Hillbilly Deluxe :lol::lol:

You should see my slick pick'em up truck!!!! :lol::lol:

Brody
November 23rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Ditto here with the VHS...I think we have 2....most places still have some VHS movies (Goodwills, ARC, some book exchange places, and some pawn shops) and they essentially give them away for $.50 or so...