PDA

View Full Version : very very very big chevy

Roostercruiser
November 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM
just watching some videos and came across this one. it is big and bad ass almost too big

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb4IwsKS4wA

Chris
November 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
i watched all 8 minutes waiting to see it leave the pavement, mall cruiser ;)

Funrover
November 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
OVERKILL!!!

4Runninfun
November 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
sure it's big enough but does he know how to use it....:smokin:

SCRubicon
November 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Am I missing something, or was there no front drive shaft on that pavement :princess: ?

Patrolman
November 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Am I missing something, or was there no front drive shaft on that pavement :princess: ?

I believe you are right. I didn't see one. No need just to go to the mall!

Funrover
November 25th, 2008, 08:02 PM

ROFLMAO!!!! Hmmm.. where have you heard that line before HAHA

Pathrat
November 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM

:lol: Good one!

Pathrat
November 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM

But you can just park it anywhere, over any economy car.

I don't think this class of truck is built to actually do anything. It is a project just to do it, an end without a means.

Brody
November 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Cool....a very big 2WD Mall Cruiser/Trailer Queen, probably owned by someone under 5' tall with a bit of a little d**k/small man's syndrome going on...Wish I had the $$ he spent on this worthless heap to build up a sweet rock or race rig...or just a nice 800hp Pro Street muscle car or truck...

There is a 4Runner/monster truck parked outside of the car repair place off of Hwy285 on Windy Corner, just past the North Turkey Creek exit, heading towards Aspen Park/Conifer. Looks about as functional as this one....Never understood the monster truck stuff anyway...want to roll over/crush/destroy stuff, give me an M1A1 or something bigger, with cannons and .50s on it. Nothing like , what is it...50-60 tons? that goes 70mph, bang, and ratatattat...course you gotta watch the sky a bit more than usual and there are those nasty little hand held RPGs....so nothing is perfect....

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2008, 12:31 PM
An even bigger lemon, but this one sees mud :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-v5yhIUNuk&feature=related&fmt=18

53" tires, now that's overkill...:lol:

Pathrat
November 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM

I like the body on that one. It kind of looks like a cartoon brought to life.

I have to say though, at about 3:40 to 5:00 when he is trying to get up the bank, it reminds me of a dog interested in someone's leg. I don't care for him tearing things up either.

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
If I remember correctly, that guy is from somewhere up in Canada. Way different rules and regs up there.

Funrover
November 26th, 2008, 01:37 PM

At least it's 4x4..LOL... I love the body style, those Dodges are great 50's rigs.... But I would have left it a lot lower

Jamie
November 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Steve, You owe me 8 minutes and 34 seconds of my life back! I'm coming to collect at trail near you.

Colorado Scott
November 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I don't care for him tearing things up either.

I don't either...

and regardless of what the rules and regulations say, one should just just their head and not tear up a meadow just for the sake of slinging mud- It's just ghey.

Back to the 53's- The coolest rig I've ever seen on 53's and perform like no other, is this guy's.

http://images.jpmagazine.com/images/0610jpmp_07z+jeep+rocks.jpg.jpg

Brent's TJ from the 2006 Top Truck Challenge.

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Steve, You owe me 8 minutes and 34 seconds of my life back! I'm coming to collect at trail near you.

The vid I posted up was 5:17 hoss.

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM
[quote=Colorado Scott;18493]I don't either...

and regardless of what the rules and regulations say, one should just just their head and not tear up a meadow just for the sake of slinging mud- It's just ghey.

Well, not to burst your bubble but my friends back east think crawling over rocks at 1 m.p.h. is pretty ***. But their opinion doesn't stop me from doing it.

Jamie
November 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
The vid I posted up was 5:17 hoss.

I got in late on the post so I only saw the first one. I'm sure the second one was a waste too. :lol: Ya coming with us Sunday? Free hotdogs!!

4Runninfun
November 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
IMO muddin is something that needs to be done in an area that it will have little impact on. out east or south it's not a big deal, things grow fast, and repair quickly. but here in the mtns. things are just the opposite, so mudding is extremely harsh on the local environment. which is why we play on the rocks... which i prefer :D

SCRubicon
November 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I got in late on the post so I only saw the first one. I'm sure the second one was a waste too. :lol: Ya coming with us Sunday? Free hotdogs!!

Yep, second one sucked too. What's with the hotdogs?

Patrolman
November 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I do dig the axles on the "lemon".

Pathrat
November 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
IMO muddin is something that needs to be done in an area that it will have little impact on. out east or south it's not a big deal, things grow fast, and repair quickly. but here in the mtns. things are just the opposite, so mudding is extremely harsh on the local environment. which is why we play on the rocks... which i prefer :D

I can see the point of this. We have a field by our house that is for mudplay. And people stay in the mudlanes. I like the rocks myself, mud is all dirty and stuff. :D Not that I have gone and played in the mud field and spent 30 minutes at the car wash getting it back off again. :rolleyes:

Roostercruiser
November 27th, 2008, 05:55 AM
ya but you got the best view at drive in movie dont matter where you park

Funrover
November 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM

LMAO! I like how you think!

SCRubicon
November 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM

That's the best comment I've seen so far. Good thinkin' indeed :D

4Runninfun
November 27th, 2008, 01:07 PM

are there any still open these days? i haven't seen one open in a long time

Brody
November 27th, 2008, 01:17 PM
That 'meadow/road/mud hole' didn't get that way with only a few rigs taking a run at it. That was done over the course of many years and is probably an accepted part of either a trail or an off road park and , as such, is no different than a rock obstacle here. Just because we have more rocks than mud here in Colorado, many, many states have it the other way around and their rigs are set up differently, too.

Just ask Steve as he is a transplant from a 'mud' state...

Funrover
November 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
are there any still open these days? i haven't seen one open in a long time

One in Pueblo

Tye
November 28th, 2008, 06:24 AM
All I can say is thats alot of truck...

SCRubicon
November 28th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Just ask Steve as he is a transplant from a 'mud' state...

Indeed :D And, if you had friends with open land --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3STA4U4xQ&feature=related&fmt=18
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3STA4U4xQ&feature=related&fmt=18)

Brody
November 29th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I like it, Steve....ya do what ya can with what ya got...

SCRubicon
November 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
My brother has 4 acres of old farm land in the boonies of Pennsylvania that I tire till when I go back home for a visit. Loads of fun, and no damage to the ecosystem. For some reason, our cousin will never let us borrow his boat...:lol: