PDA

View Full Version : from oz

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:24 AM
hi im Tim frm sunshine coast australia, have a 4.2 td nissan patrol,3"exaust 3"lift twin lockers twin bats etc.was in the states last jan 08 went to san fran,vegas,memphis,nashville,new york.and most importantly jacks house in tennesse (jack daniels) will talk soon goin out drinkin now cheers:lol::smokin::drive:

Brody
November 28th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Well, how 'bout that....someone from the other side of the pond, no less!

Welcome to the site! How about some pictures of your rig and a better spec sheet? We have a couple of people here that are into Nissans and probably want to hear more about what folks do to them when they are plentiful!

Curious as to how you found the site, too. Looking forward to hearing more!

Tye
November 28th, 2008, 05:49 AM
well well well how bout that an aussie, tell us more...

Chris
November 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hope you can make our run on Sunday Timbo! :D

Jamie
November 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the board.

4Runninfun
November 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
welcome. and like brody i'm curious how did you find the site?

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
welcome. and like brody i'm curious how did you find the site? i was doing a google for wiring diagram to do an in car switch for a warn 9000 winch and cam across your thread.thanks for the welcome,my fave part of the states so far is jack daniels country,BUT i want to visit the Rocky mnts....:lol:

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Hope you can make our run on Sunday Timbo! :D love to but im in oz,:banana:

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Well, how 'bout that....someone from the other side of the pond, no less!

Welcome to the site! How about some pictures of your rig and a better spec sheet? We have a couple of people here that are into Nissans and probably want to hear more about what folks do to them when they are plentiful!

Curious as to how you found the site, too. Looking forward to hearing more!thx for the welcome Brody will send some pics and add some more specs soon.:wrench:

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
welcome. and like brody i'm curious how did you find the site?

TIMBO
November 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the board.
thx Jamie:D

Roostercruiser
November 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
the world is not as big as it used to be thanks to the world wide web
and i would like to say welcome and hello

Brody
November 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I would to get over there sometime. I seem to be the only person in my family who hasn't managed to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand. I want to get to the outback, do some rock climbing in the Grampians and elsewhere and eat a lizard sandwich.

We have a few people here who are doing some expedition rigging/survival (hey, with the US economy the way it is, survival is something we have all been thinking about here...). I know that you guys set up your rigs with a little bit more of a 'survival' twist than we do, so some info on this would be great if you have the time.

Toyota Owner's Magazine just did a 3 part 'outback' story and some of the rigs that the author ran parts of the trail were Nissans. He mentioned that if he were to do it again that he would either use a Nissan or a Rover versus a Toyota simply for the availability of parts.

Be safe and keep in touch

Funrover
November 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I am late to the thread..... But I will also say Welcome!

TIMBO
November 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I am late to the thread..... But I will also say Welcome!
thank you:lol:

TIMBO
November 29th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I would to get over there sometime. I seem to be the only person in my family who hasn't managed to spend some time in Australia and New Zealand. I want to get to the outback, do some rock climbing in the Grampians and elsewhere and eat a lizard sandwich.

We have a few people here who are doing some expedition rigging/survival (hey, with the US economy the way it is, survival is something we have all been thinking about here...). I know that you guys set up your rigs with a little bit more of a 'survival' twist than we do, so some info on this would be great if you have the time.

Toyota Owner's Magazine just did a 3 part 'outback' story and some of the rigs that the author ran parts of the trail were Nissans. He mentioned that if he were to do it again that he would either use a Nissan or a Rover versus a Toyota simply for the availability of parts.

Be safe and keep in touchthanks,like wise i would love to go back to the USA, its a great country.have relatives over there, mainly west coast n vegas.will send some more info soon.your right,in oz we have all the"survival" mine has twin batteries, twin spare tyres,33'mud terrain tyres all round, just changed from BFG mudder to COOPER as there were no mudders left in Australia.has front and rear lockers{ARB,air activated}snorkel,long range fuel tank,carries about 170 litres in total.3"lift kit,3"mandrel bent exaust,4.2 litre turbo,intercooled diesel.have just installed a gizmo unit to have 4 preset boost settings for the turbo,will also install a pyrometre to ensure exaust gas wont exceed 500 degrees,uhf radio,roof rack,side steps.air compressor.its a work in progress.from the auto shop they have no power,hence the need for a 3"exaust and increase in boost from factory standard 4psi to a max of 15psi. any way talk soon,and enjoy life....:princess:

TIMBO
November 29th, 2008, 05:42 AM
the world is not as big as it used to be thanks to the world wide web
and i would like to say welcome and hello
thank you for the welcome and hello to u too, your right about the WWW, my 18 yo daughter has met a guy on the west couast of USA via the WWW. scary ****... the joy of technology, you live in a great country.wish i could spend more time there. cheers tim:rolleyes:

Pathrat
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the Front Range, our part of the Rockies!

TIMBO
December 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
thank you,hope to be there later on next year for a visit,some awesome looking terrain.

KnuckleHead
December 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard....

SCRubicon
December 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4!

TIMBO
December 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4!
thank u or the welcome:D:D