PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering Ideas?

Patrolman
November 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I decided to start an "ideas" thread. Hopefully this will be an ongoing thread that will allow people to contribute ideas for volunteer activities.

Once an idea is established and seems like a viable idea, I will open a specific thread for that idea to then put it to discussion and to work out any necessary details.

Hoping that this format proves useful and keeps the area organized and useful!

SO, who has any ideas for volunteering!?!

Patrolman
November 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I will start to give everyone an idea of what this might look like.

Local hospitals are usually in need of 4x4's to transport critical nursing staff to/from their homes during blizzards. This is because they have to be a 24 hour facility and usually when the blizzard hits, there is only enough staff for the shift on duty. That means that shift might have to work 24-72 hours until their replacements can get into work. Obviously relief staff can be critical. The same likely holds true for nursing homes, etc.

Usually this would be a pretty easy "volunteer" task. Only happens every few years or more where 4x4's are needed. "Typically" the facility will reimburse for fuel costs as well. A good way to assist the community without a major commitment while putting our vehicles to great use!