PDA

View Full Version : So Winter's Here...

Chris
December 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm curious how many of us are pretty much are done for the season vs how many don't let the snow & cold interfere at all.

mtnfj
December 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Well...there's a snow drift that covers just over half way up my garage door. I'd have to say I don't let the snow and cold interfere at all.

Patrolman
December 3rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Yep. Winter can't bother you if you reside in Alice!

I am "busy" but with job hunt stuff. Winter is a great time to go play, but I just don't have a whole ton of free time right now.

Jimmy
December 3rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
I'm a winter wheeler - no "fair weather wheeler" here! :)

Funrover
December 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Well.... I still wheel, but I do other sports also during the winter!

Tye
December 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
WINTER IS STUPID :rant:

Funrover
December 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM

Who let the Texan in?? :mad: LOL :lol:

Man Jerk
December 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I never wheel anyway, so why should the snow stop me from not wheeling :drive:

KnuckleHead
December 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Can't say I do alot of wheeling, yet at least, but I do the love the snow. the more the better. I tend to just get out around town and help those little guys in their Hondas and stuff.

Patrolman
December 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Speaking of being out in the snow, did anyone look at the Volunteer page? I posted an idea that might be worth considering.

SCRubicon
December 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Not done wheeling, but it does taper down a bit. Maybe I'll enjoy the snow a little more since I won't have to deal with it @ the City of Fakehood.

Pathrat
December 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM

:lol: Good man! Knew I liked you!

Pathrat
December 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I need to learn some of the finer points of winter wheeling but I have a bunch of stuff I ignored during the summer so I could go play. Time for chores. Wonder how my winter tires will do.

4Runninfun
December 4th, 2008, 10:38 PM
winter wheeling = skinny pedal thats all you need to know :lol:

4Runninfun
December 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
the cold doesn't stop me, most of my favorite things to do are winter time activities.

Funrover
December 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
winter wheeling = skinny pedal thats all you need to know :lol:

You forgot the tow ropes and sleds LOL :lol::lol::lol:

RockyMtnHigh
December 5th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I need to learn some of the finer points of winter wheeling

Trees become big ass magnets in the snow! :lol:

Was wanting to get and do something next weekend, the 13th or 14th. Anyone interested?

Tye
December 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Who let the Texan in?? :mad: LOL :lol:

You told me about FR4X4 member??? you member.

So I guess that would've been you.

Tye
December 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
:lol: Good man! Knew I liked you!

;) You know...

Funrover
December 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM

I knew that would come back to haunt me LOL

Funrover
December 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Was wanting to get and do something next weekend, the 13th or 14th. Anyone interested?

Already have plans Dec 12 - Jan 4

Roostercruiser
December 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
we still wheel in the winter but in the past i have left my truck many a times in the mountians high centered on snow drifts and nobody bothered to help me get unstuck (real friends huh). but the funny part is in the summer the trail is a 2wd trail where a low rider could go but in winter at the same part of the trail it 3-4 foot snow drift. here is a pic of the last time i went wheelin in the snow and ice on Ute Creek trail. we got stuck helping somebody else trying to get unstuck, it took a couple of hours to to get out of this pickle. but it fun helping others:thunb:

SCRubicon
December 5th, 2008, 12:20 PM

I was just thinking the same thing...:lol:

Chris
December 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I'll have to get in on a snow run in a month or so when I'm able to get out and about again. I'm not a big fan of snow and cold which is why we left Minnesota for Colorado. I need to get past my solo trip in the snow when I had to leave my truck on Argentine Trail stuck in the snow. :o

Pathrat
December 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Ha! You need to see my dents...all trees, all sun, all stupid moves with trees. :D