PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

ShutUpHippie
December 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
What's the lowest gasoline price per gallon (85 octane, and location of course) you've seen this year? Just curious who gets to drive around practically for free.. we have $1.41 in Gunnison. Looking forward to getting home again on the front range where I can drive anywhere for about 20 bucks! :banana:<-- not sure about the banana, but it sure is cool.

Pathrat
December 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I have $1.57 here for 85 octane, which for me means $1.80 for the high grade. I am just happy it is not costing me almost $50 a tank anymore.

InsanityIsBorn
December 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
only $50 for your whole tank? How big is it? When I was filling up a full tank in Gunnison at 3.50 or whatever it was it was costing me over 60 sometimes over 70 even depending on how much it really cost. . . . but it is definitely much better now. Im amazed its cheaper here in Gunnison than it is in Arvada. How about some other front range locations?? :banana:

Funrover
December 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
The general around here right now is $1.59 Lowest I have seem in the last month was at a 7-11, $1.47

llesra
December 11th, 2008, 11:33 AM
i saw $1.49 for regular yesterday. when i filled up it was only $34! much better than the $70 i would pay in the summer.

Patrolman
December 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I finally saw it today for $1.41, but that is only in certain areas. I filled up yesterday at $1.53.

Patrolman
December 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Isn't it nice that the unregulated Wall Street companies that were buying oil assets and pouring money into the unregulated oil futures markets to drive up the value of their own oil assets are now either defunct or regulated bank holding companies who actually have to play by a set of rules?

Just glad that I am not in their shoes. Can you say 10-20? :)

Pathrat
December 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM
[quote=Nay;19346]?

OPEC is has cut about 2M barrels a day and is planning maybe 3M more, and it hasn't made any difference. Supply and demand price explosion was sold as a story to get consumers to pay into Wall Street profits from your wallet straight through the pump to their wallet.

.[/quote

I would have to suggest that when I paid $4.50 a gallon in Hanksville UT last June, supply and demand economics were not the guiding factor for the price. Gas would go up a dime overnight because some swamp gas reflected the light from Venus. The gas in the tanks at the station did not magically cost more nor did refining costs go up. When the platforms in the Gulf went back on line, or other legitimate factors that should have dropped the price were encountered, no effect was seen.

Anyways, InsanityIsBorn, my tank is 17 gallons but I would generally fill up at quarter tank with around 13 gallons.

Roostercruiser
December 14th, 2008, 07:57 AM
this summer it was costing me well over 110 dollars to fill my suburban so i never really 4 wheeled this summer and the truck might get 6-8 mpg in the city. finally i can go offroading again in this fall and winter because of 1.47 a gallon by my house in lakewood.

Chris
December 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I filled up the other day and a guy at the same pump was cursing the shutoff on the pump. I told him he was full and he said "I can't be, it's only at $18.00!"

:lol:

Patrolman
December 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Saw fuel last night for $1.36 near Yale and Parker? Maybe 1 light east?

Talked to my buddy in Durango and he said fuel is still $1.83. Beats $5.00 I suppose, but being $.50 higher than Denver is silly.

5280Hawk
December 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
It has Been $1.49 at Wads and Jewell, and holding steady for about 2 weeks!

Please hold till summer!

Brody
December 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
I think if the USA was really serious about it's own, then the people who made all the profit from the fake gas shortage's bank accounts should be stripped clean, the contents redistributed, and the culprits stuck on crosses on the major roads going into Washington, DC. Much like the Romans did. Lets everyone else know that you really mean business...

4Runninfun
December 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
AMEN Brody! shoot the lawyers first, politicians second, and bankers third. we NEED a good blood cleansing of washington too many fat leaches who have been in there for FAR too long!

SCRubicon
December 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
$1.35 at the Western on Kipling (near 285) yesterday. $14.00 fill up!!! :2thumbs: