PDA

View Full Version : HDTV

Chris
December 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking of stepping in to the 21st century since prices are getting better so who can recommend what's good and bad as far as specific brands/models?

Looking for sales after Christmas when prices should drop some more. Probably 42-46"

TIA!

Pathrat
December 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
I have a Vizio 42 inch plasma from Costco...they had the best price and the best features. We are pretty happy with it.

Chris
December 25th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Not a lot of electronics folks here, huh?

Jimmy
December 26th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Nope... my big purchase this holiday was a DVD player that upconverts standard DVDs to 1080p. I can't remember what our current family room TV is (it's either 1080i or 1080p), but I will say the picture is awesome - HD is something else. That's the extent of my knowledge. :o

We don't have HD TV service... yet. :D Maybe when money frees up a bit, we'll make the leap. Then I'll be buying HD TVs for the rest of the house. :eek:

Technology changes so much that what I learned a year ago TV shopping is probably ancient history. :lol:

Patrolman
December 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
We just dropped DishNetwork on Wednesday. Decided we might try another service. In the meantime, we hooked up the converter boxes to our old analog sets. Works great! We get the free extra channels now too which is super cool!

Costco has some great prices on HDTV's. I know if we buy one, it will be from Costco. Also, their warranty is 2 years through Costco. Can't beat that.