PDA

View Full Version : Leaderless Broncos

Brody
December 31st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Did anyone else have the misfortune to listen or see the great Shanahan farewell speech this morning? I happened to be finishing a bathroom remodel in a house that had this on...and I couldn't escape it..

My heart went out to the poor guy...imagine being jobless right in the middle of building a 36,000sf home...now how damn depressing is that? Imagine again, having the absolute misfortune of having the option of doing absolutely nothing for the remaining 3 years of your contract and still getting paid your pittance of $21 million...crap, I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house... I know it sure got me all choked up..

Not to mention the fact that this heartbreaking parody went on for over an hour. Yo! Stop the clock...this is big, breaking and earth shaking news. Thank god that there isn't anything else wrong on this world that we should actually be concerned with...

What a bucketload of BS....

bskey
December 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't see it, but that's the world professional athletes live in, and his reality. It is a sad statement to the things we concern ourselves with and a vague reflection of the state of our nations priorities.

I'm excited to see what new blood is brought in to run our Broncos, and what the results will be. I guess now we need to resign to the fact that there will be more rebuilding years.

Chris
December 31st, 2008, 03:00 PM
I can't recall when they all went on strike (70's-80's?) but that was when I discovered that weekends are twice as long if you don't spend it watching football. Haven't watched it since.

SCRubicon
December 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM
He was an overpaid goon who ran a thug daycare program. And a beady eyed weasel face. So his team won 2 Super Bowls 10 years ago, big deal...

Brody
December 31st, 2008, 04:57 PM
There you go, Steve, there you go...now you did it...dissed the man himself, not to mention THE TEAM...Thugs???Thugs??? You called the Broncos THUGS???!!!Why you....you....you...you...rabble rouser!

Tye
December 31st, 2008, 05:21 PM
:lol::lol:

SCRubicon
December 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
There you go, Steve, there you go...now you did it...dissed the man himself, not to mention THE TEAM...Thugs???Thugs??? You called the Broncos THUGS???!!!Why you....you....you...you...rabble rouser!

(to add insult to injury - to the Broncoholics) Maybe Ol' Shanny will go back to the Raiders :lol:

Pathrat
December 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Steve, I need a bawl-baby icon for this posting.

Is the 'home team' full of thugs, more so than the other teams? I don't pay attention.

bskey
December 31st, 2008, 08:53 PM
So his team won 2 Super Bowls 10 years ago, big deal...

Correction.... he was the coach, but John Elway took the Donkeys to the Superbowl twice.

Brody
January 1st, 2009, 05:41 AM
Na Pathrat...I think that they are probably all about the same...the Broncos being no more 'thuggish' than any other team....

I have always thought that football would be much more fun to watch if they actually armed the players with ..say..Bowie Knives or ploice batons...maybe small chain saws..to hell with the damn ball...just get some people throught the goal posts..,but then I have issues I am told....

Warrlord
January 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM

Here's one...............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Warrlord/Misc/crybaby.gif

SCRubicon
January 1st, 2009, 01:03 PM
Correction.... he was the coach, but John Elway took the Donkeys to the Superbowl twice.

Correction... Elway took the Donks to the Super Bowl five times - he only won two.

SCRubicon
January 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM

Is the 'home team' full of thugs, more so than the other teams? I don't pay attention.

Football, basketball, baseball - doesn't matter - all thugs...lol... The NHL? does anybody even watch that??? :D

Brody
January 1st, 2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, Steve, I think that you are right...pretty much all thugs...too bad that these people become the people that the kids look up to instead of people that have actually made a real difference in people's lives....a sad state of affairs....

Pathrat
January 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
Here's one...............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Warrlord/Misc/crybaby.gif

Thanks! It should be in the thread title. :D

Pathrat
January 1st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, Steve, I think that you are right...pretty much all thugs...too bad that these people become the people that the kids look up to instead of people that have actually made a real difference in people's lives....a sad state of affairs....

Being a fan of the Arizona Diamonbacks, I have to say that there are some exceptions. A few of those former players did some good deeds for their community, and did them quietly without a court order.

Brody
January 2nd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Pathrat...I think that both Steve and I were generalizing quite a bit. There are about 5-10% of sports figures out there doing donation work, working with programs like Big Brother, organizing and appearing for fund raisers, etc., all without a court order. This is really great and it does benefit the community.

The rest are...well...thugs...for lack of a better word...kinda like rappers on steroids size wise....

Pathrat
January 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Pathrat...I think that both Steve and I were generalizing quite a bit. There are about 5-10% of sports figures out there doing donation work, working with programs like Big Brother, organizing and appearing for fund raisers, etc., all without a court order. This is really great and it does benefit the community.

The rest are...well...thugs...for lack of a better word...kinda like rappers on steroids size wise....

Sure; I get compelled to boast my favorite players, all three of them. :o

Otherwise, as this started out, I couldn't give a rat's butt about Shanahan. I have not followed football since the days of Joe Montana's 49ers.

Unfortunately, these thugs are a draw, and can command the big bucks because people will pay to see the criminal 'athletes'. The Collective Public dictates who we pay attention to, and yes, we are fed who to pay attention to and throw money at.