PDA

View Full Version : The good/bad of snow wheeling

Funrover
January 8th, 2009, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyj2b98b7qQ&feature=related

The video show;s/tells why you never go alone but also shows that 4-wheelers do care about each other!

Roostercruiser
January 8th, 2009, 01:08 PM
ive been wheelin on the back side of yankee hill where the snow came across the valley and piled up on the side of mountain where the trail was.
we had a 78 chevy 3/4 ton with full chains on the tires and got high centered. the second truck was a 76 ford hiboy who was following. we got stuck and the ford could not get to wwhere we were at and also got stuck. we spent the night in the hills with the trucks running and the fords exhaust finally melted enoough snow to get out the next morning. this was pre cell phone times and the only thing we had was pagers (no good) and cb radios (also piontless). this was 92 or 93 when this happened.

another time was in 98 and truck got high centered again and three trucks attempting to pull me out with no luck because the ground was so icy. we left my truck up there for a couple of days because of bad weather

:eek:

Funrover
January 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I hope to never have to leave my rig somewhere. I have had to be the rescue crew that left others behind however.