PDA

View Full Version : PETA- People get a life!

Pathrat
January 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
This was from AP today. I am stunned that there is nothing else for some people to do. Go release some lab animals or something.

PETA: Spearfish school should be called Sea Kitten

Fri Jan 9, 8:09 pm ET
SPEARFISH, S.D. – The activist animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked school officials to change the name of Spearfish High School to "Sea Kitten High School." The new name would "reflect the gentle nature of its current marine namesake," the organization said in a letter to Steve Morford, Spearfish High School principal.
PETA said the letter is part of a new Sea Kitten campaign aimed at children.
If children were taught to refer to fish as "sea kittens," reflecting that fish, like cats and dogs, are "individuals" that "do have friendships," fewer fish might be killed for food or sport, said Pulin Modi, a PETA spokesman.
"We want people to realize that more fish are killed each year than all animals combined," he said. "They don't have the sympathy of more popular animals like cats and dogs."
Morford said he did not want to share his feelings about PETA. "Obviously, it's nothing we're taking seriously," he said.

Patrolman
January 10th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I am also surprised that AP has nothing better to report on right now! Look at everything else going on in the world, and they have to write this up?

Pathrat
January 10th, 2009, 10:33 PM
What can I say? I read it. :) It was under "Odd News"

SCRubicon
January 11th, 2009, 12:44 AM
O.M.G.!!!! Prior to the Black Hills Gold Rush of 1876, the area was used by Native Americans (primarily bands of Sioux but others also ranged through the area) who would spear fish in the creek (hence the name of the creek and subsequently the town). What next? Rename the whole town? F' Peta!!!

"We want people to realize that more fish are killed each year than all animals combined," he said. "They don't have the sympathy of more popular animals like cats and dogs."

No doy, jacka$$!!! If there weren't millions and millions of fish sticks produced what would we do with all of this damn tartar suace!!! :lol:

Brody
January 11th, 2009, 04:14 AM
People that want to do that 'Let's rename the school and rename fish' should all be gathered up and shipped to some warzone overseas and used for a distraction ...or target...Give them a serious blast of reality

Or used as food for zoo animals...live, of course...

That kinda crap makes me gag...

Pathrat
January 11th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Actually Brody, your post made me think that maybe these people should be shipped off to live with the Inuit, who are dependent on fishing, or maybe some coastal African village where fish is SUSTENANCE. The people of the world who depend on fish as a source of protein should be doing what? Growing tofu?

And again there is SCRubicon with the relevant historical facts. I do like that about you, as well as the fact your post was funny as usual.

Funrover
January 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I wonder what the new friendly mascot would look like ROFLMAO!!!

What a bunch on idiots

SCRubicon
January 11th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I wonder what the new friendly mascot would look like ROFLMAO!!!

What a bunch on idiots

Maybe something with big silicone bolt-ons, a stupid look on it's face and Hepatitis C like that guttersnipe Pamela Anderson? :D

Funrover
January 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe something with big silicone bolt-ons, a stupid look on it's face and Hepatitis C like that guttersnipe Pamela Anderson? :D

That is a friendly way of saying what I was thinking hahahahaha :D

Roostercruiser
January 13th, 2009, 06:57 AM
how big of a hook do u need to dangle a peta person on a fishing line for shark bait. (i ment big sea kitten apitizer, forgot my 4 year old daughter was in the room watching the PETA friendly show Tom and Jerry):lol:

Brody
January 14th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I don't think you actually need a hook...any kind of cable or line attached to their wrists would work...just enough to keep their heads above water so they don't drown while the sharks snack on 'em...

Steve..ya don't like Pammy's bolt ons?? Better stay outta Cherry Creek Mall cause the smell of silicon coming off of 35 year old (and up to 70 year old women) is enough to bring tears to your eyes....I don't see my sister much, but hers are such (she happens to be 56, too...really rather silly) that if she rolled over on her stomach to sleep, she would probably slip a disc.....

DETN8R
January 14th, 2009, 05:36 AM
PETA actually has some SERIOUS ideas about animals. They dont even condone keeping pets.

SCRubicon
January 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Steve..ya don't like Pammy's bolt ons?? Better stay outta Cherry Creek Mall cause the smell of silicon coming off of 35 year old (and up to 70 year old women) is enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Nah, I'm not a fan of bolt-ons. They don't look right, feel right... And, they're just a high dollar lie.

Funrover
January 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Nah, I'm not a fan of bolt-ons. They don't look right, feel right... And, they're a high dollar lie.

AMEN!!! er.... what he said.. :D

Pathrat
January 14th, 2009, 08:36 PM
PETA actually has some SERIOUS ideas about animals. They dont even condone keeping pets.

I am all for being good to animals, taking care of them and meeting your responsibilities, but I am a pet owner, not a pet "guardian".

If they don't condone keeping pets, what the hell are we supposed to do with all the shelter animals???

SCRubicon
January 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
and the tartar sauce...oh wait...:D

DETN8R
January 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.detn8r.net/kitten.jpg
will be taking the place of fish on menu's

Pathrat
January 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
DETN8R...OMG!

I love it!!! I get it, we should eat the cute and popular animals so the fish can overbreed and screw up their ecosystem, via man's best intentions.

Steve- will this go with tartar sauce?

PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
(all God's creatures go best with mashed potatoes and gravy)

SCRubicon
January 18th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Steve- will this go with tartar sauce?

The pic sez fish doesn't it?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk/petad.gif

Pathrat
January 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
SCRubicon- Love the new avatar! :lol:

Beef: what should be for dinner

Brody
January 19th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Those are great! If I had a bumper sticker for the PETA one, it would go on my rig...I would find a place for it, too!

Much like my 'Harp Seals: Clubbing is a sport, too' and 'Peregrine: it's what's for dinner' and 'Falcons taste like Chicken' rock climbing shirts that I purposely wear everytime I go climbing around Boulder or Estes Park...some people take little things way too seriously and don't even see the big things that are the real problems. They NEED some sort of wake up call....