PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Car tire help?

Funrover
January 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Okay so I need some help. I need new tires for the Volvo. the tire size is 185 75 14. SMALL.. but I want a nice passenger car tire... no knobs and MT tread. I am planning on road trips and a few runs to the mountains. I want a tire that is all season and won't wear out quickly. I like Hankooks but they only make a soft winter tire, so I am up for suggestions......

Pathrat
January 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Okay so I need some help. I need new tires for the Volvo. the tire size is 185 75 14. SMALL.. but I want a nice passenger car tire... no knobs and MT tread. I am planning on road trips and a few runs to the mountains. I want a tire that is all season and won't wear out quickly. I like Hankooks but they only make a soft winter tire, so I am up for suggestions......

Like I had suggested to 4RunninFun, Michelin seems to make a good all purpose tire. I'd look at the recommendations on TireRack too.

Funrover
January 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Tire rack is no help on the car..... it doesn't have anything for a 1980 Volvo

gragravar
January 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
dunlop SP 60 seems to be a good all season bet in that size.

if you do want a full on winter tire, I am running the hankook icebears (W300) on my allroad, and they do pretty darn good in both the dry and the snow. not as good as the dunlop wintersport M3s I had previously, but at 1/2 the price they are really good.

gragravar
January 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Tire rack is no help on the car..... it doesn't have anything for a 1980 Volvo

search by tire size instead of by car for a car that old.

Funrover
January 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
search by tire size instead of by car for a car that old.

I am... believe me LOL