PDA

View Full Version : My buddy got into a wreck

Funrover
January 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Well to make a long story short. Kevin was in Iowa on work. He went to take pics of trains (as he normally does) and was rear ended by a F-250 doing 70 mph. To make matters worse the guy was drunk and ran from the scene. This is really sad because Kevin just bought this car LESS THAN A WEEK AGO!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/IMG_0253e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/IMG_0254e.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/IMG_0255e.jpg

Chris
January 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
that really sucks, they truck drove away?

fullszfun
January 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Thank god it was a Saab and not a civic or something less. I think that car is one of a few that may have kept him alive at that speed.
Never the less, what a shame.
Is there anything he or his family needs?

gragravar
January 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Wow, is he OK? thats quite an impact.

Jimmy
January 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I take it Kevin's OK? Man, that stinks. I'm shocked the truck was physically able to drive away.

So how is it known that the driver was drunk? I got the impression that the hit-n-run driver wasn't caught.

rovertrain
January 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM
YES! I AM OKAY! I am still kinda sore, but alright. That MOTHER F***** ran once it was mentioned the police were coming. His F150 was pretty messed up. He hit me, I did a 360 and went into a ditch. He went into the ditch on the other side of the 4 lane. He came walking over to me and a couple that stopped to help me, and said, "I was just in a wreck, can someone help me?" I replied with, "Are you the mother f***** that hit me?" He didn't reply and the lady who called 911 said the police were coming, he dropped his cigarette and ran across the field. He was obviously drunk. Later after the sheriff showed up, I was sitting in his car warming up and the Deputy was looking through the guys phone (it was left in his truck), and the drunks girlfriend has a nice knockers! LOL But like it was mentioned before, the Saab did really well holding up to the crash.

Also the deputy called the next day and said the guy turned himself in.

Really scary too!

But I am fine, just no more Saab, and it was a cool, and FAST car!

Pathrat
January 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Good to hear your are ok. Go get your neck checked out though.

4Runninfun
January 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM
glad to hear you're ok dude. cars can be replaced, even really cool fast ones!

Brody
January 21st, 2009, 05:19 AM
Gald to hear that everyone is ok! One of the classic reason not to buy one of those 'Smart Cars' or a Moped....

Best have your buddy get an MRI or CAT to check out his neck. Those kind of hits do not do any wonders for our ill designed spinal cord. The other thing is that those injuries can manifest themselves months after the accident, too, and in many different ways. Tell your buddy not to sign off on any medical stuff from the insurance for a month or two. If something comes up and the claim is closed, he might be screwed....

SCRubicon
January 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM
Glad you're still with us Kevin!!!

Funrover
January 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Kevin give me a call when you get back in town man, I found a few newer Saabs for you when you are ready!

rovertrain
January 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
I'll probably check out the doctor once i get back to town. Damn drunks.

fullszfun
January 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Glad to hear you are ok.
One good thing about temp. tags is the there should be no insurance questions!Only hope the same for the driver of the Ford!
I have the same car (Saab 93 Aero) but the wagon version. We just got it about 4 months ago. I showed these pictures to my wife and it is now much easier to make this payment every month. She wanted a Honda or Hybrid of some sort.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. You have eliminated any future arguements about this car in my family!

Chris
January 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures. You have eliminated any future arguements about this car in my family!

Funny how effective that can be. I had a friend who would only by Volvo's back in its best days and his wife hated her wagon. She was rear-ended real hard and pushed into another car effectively destroying everything except the passenger compartment. She was fine, her kids were fine and she went right out and bought another just like it. She loved the damned thing forever after.

Funrover
January 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Safety is a huge concern when I get cars, everything else comes next!

rovertrain
January 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear you are ok.
One good thing about temp. tags is the there should be no insurance questions!Only hope the same for the driver of the Ford!
I have the same car (Saab 93 Aero) but the wagon version. We just got it about 4 months ago. I showed these pictures to my wife and it is now much easier to make this payment every month. She wanted a Honda or Hybrid of some sort.

Glad I could help! In an odd kinda painful way! But I will be buying another one for sure!

Brody
January 23rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
SAABs and Volvos...like a Timex, though maybe not still ticking..at least you didn't end up counting holes in the ceiling of some hospital...

HuricaneWillys
January 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM
WOW!
In 1999 I was in almost the same exact accident, I had to have 2 disc in my neck fused together, for it started affecting the left side of my body, like my arm going completly numb and not being able to use it, also constant pain, loosing the ability to use my left arm was enough to have the surgery, in 2000, it took 2 yrs to heal, and that wasnt' ever completed, lots of physical therapy, 8 years have gone by and their isn't 1 day go by that I'm not in pain, the fusion broke on 1 level, will not have additional surgery for it will only get worse, but I'm on lifetime perscription, you can't tell it my meeting me for I have been dealing with it for almost a decade, arthritius is my biggest enemy now, and going forward.
I thought I was OK also:thunb:

Roostercruiser
January 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
now thats really amazing that you walked away from that. now i know why my mom only drove SAABs. I hope you have no permenant injuries and good luck:thunb:

Funrover
April 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
PSST...... He has a new one now that is a lot nicer!