PDA

View Full Version : Snow Run/Snowshoe Trip

Brody
January 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM
Bren, Bear and I were talking about putting together a trail run with some snow shoeing.

Anyone interested??

Funrover
January 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Pending on when and if I have found a job yet that would be perfect for Jess and I.

mikem
January 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm interested, but I've been pretty unreliable when it comes to making outings....so put me down as tentative.

Mike

Pathrat
January 21st, 2009, 07:56 PM
I don't have snowshoes, and I don't want to rent some as that would mean I have to walk around in the snow, outside, where it's likely to be cold. Yes, I am a weenie. :)

DETN8R
January 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
If only I had snowshoes.

JeepersCreepers
January 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Depending on the date, I'm in. Also for those that don't have snowshoes I'm pretty sure you can rent them at any REI store for pretty cheap and you get a discount on the rental if your and REI member.

Chris
January 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
I don't have snowshoes, and I don't want to rent some as that would mean I have to walk around in the snow, outside, where it's likely to be cold. Yes, I am a weenie. :)

I'm with you 90% on this, the 10% I'm not is the "weenie" part. :lol:

Pathrat
January 22nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm with you 90% on this, the 10% I'm not is the "weenie" part. :lol:

:lol: Admin is not a weenie, ever.

Chris
January 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
:lol: That's the spirit, don't call the guy with the finger on the "delete" button a weenie. :lol:

Brody
January 23rd, 2009, 05:39 AM
I have maybe one or two extra sets of snowshoes if it comes down to that. I'll talk to da boyz and set a date , probably mid to late Febuary...Maybe there will be some snow, too...

Funrover
January 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
When are you thinking?

Brody
January 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
I'll talk to da boyz and set a date , probably mid to late Febuary...

Ummmmmmmmm....mid to late Febuary, Aaron

Brody
January 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I am thinking either the Duck Creek area off of Guanella Pass, something off of Smokey Pass near Wellington Lake in the Pike, or something off of Rampart Road/Mt Herman Road Junction like FS 323/324/Balanced Rock Area. Dependent on snow, the last areas are pretty fun and there are a lot of places to snowshoe in once the snow makes it impossible to drive any farther...

Or take Rampart from the Woodland Park side until you hit the closed gate and snowshoe from there...