PDA

View Full Version : hooooowwwwwwdddy

sr5yota84
January 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey guys im James I am from cheyenne Wy. (which sucks) I will be moving to Lakewood in june. I drive a 1984 toyota pickup sr5 extra cab solid axle and umm its pretty much stock other than some 31in trxus m/ts and a cheapp thrusher muffler.lol. I will be doing the 63 chevy swap soon and hopfully be on at least 35's. I am always looking for fun places to go and wheel so hopefull you guys have a group get together.

Thanks for letting me join and looking foward to meeting you guys.:thunb:

scoutfam
January 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hi, I am no longer the newest newbie here :D My best bud has an 87 4runner that is having a solid axle put in and 3 in lift. I was actually looking for a yota when I found my scout. Anyway although I am new here I am finding not only friendly folks but lots of information. Hope to share some with others I think that is goal :thunb:

Brody
January 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hey James! Welcome to the site! Check out all of our Yota information in the tech, how to and make and model links..you will find a bunch. Be sure to check out the Toyota FAQs. This is a huge bunch of information on just about anything you could possibly do to your Toyota.Also keep in mind that there are a lot of folks here who have or have had Yotas and know cheap spots for parts (me included). There are generally a bunch of used Yota parts people are trying to get rid of.

Be sure to post up what you need or are looking for and someone will help ya out!

Here are a couple of build up links to give you more ideas:

http://nowhitefenders.com/rcbuildup.htm

http://www.andrewzook.com/content/view/22/48/

Goes for Scoutfam, too...you know of good Scout resources, please post them up in any of the sections listed above. I have had a Scout, but it was back in the early 70's and haven't needed to look for much Scout or IH stuff. I am always trying to beef up our resources and links to information, so anything helps out..

Also keep in mind that there are a number of people on this site that do fabrication. Just PM any of us and let us know what you are looking for and we will get prices to you.

Addicted Off Road (Scotty)

Bear (4LoLo)

Blackfoot Customs (4Runnerfun/Jon)

Brody (me)

Redline Motor Sports (Justin)

Best thing about Cheyenne is that it is near some pretty cool (and hard) rock climbing...no offense...

Funrover
January 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome.... I have family up there in WY (Glendo, Douglas, Casper, Wheatland, etc).

Chris
January 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:welcome: James!

Nice to have you on the board. When you get here in June we'll be doing some good wheeling so make sure you keep in touch through this so we can meet on a run some time.

Pathrat
January 28th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome! :) Looking forward to seeing a picture of your yota. There will be plenty going on when you get down here, just check the Trail Run Planning forum.

SCRubicon
January 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk/signs_38.gif

4Runninfun
January 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
welcome

Roostercruiser
January 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM
:wave::woot:

sr5yota84
February 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
thanks for all the warming support.! I will upload a picture here in a minute.. Its nothing special.. rattle can and tires worth more than the truck hahaha. I just ordered a bumper from scotty at addicted.. so it is a slow going project/dd

Looking foward to meetin up with some of you guys.. I will watch the trip planning as i only live a couple hours away we can always come down for fun!

Brody
February 7th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Probably find someone down here that will put you up, too, so that you don't do some sort of terminal driving so keep that in mind...