PDA

View Full Version : Swing Away Tire Carrier P

Brody
February 7th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Since some people have expressed an interest in making a swing away carrier of some sort for their rig,here is a link to the hinge set up on a swing away tire carrier. This is about the cheapest price you will find them.

http://www.rocklogic4x4.com/?pg=online_store&cat=Fabrication%20Parts&sel=%

solid rock
February 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM
those have worked for me in the past, they are rated at 1k load.
them i switched companys and came up with a 2k rated load.

now i make my own out of 1.5 cold rolled round solid, 2x120 wall DOM and a few bits from Mcmaster carr. still rated at 2k

i custom cut them to my needs.

Brody
February 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Shoot us a price, Jim. These are only $45, which I thought was a pretty good bang for the buck...

WINKY
February 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
i am going for tiregate.com for my truck, i dont have a garage to fab one nor a welder.... but its worth it in my book. :)

Funrover
February 7th, 2009, 09:19 PM
those have worked for me in the past, they are rated at 1k load.
them i switched companys and came up with a 2k rated load.

now i make my own out of 1.5 cold rolled round solid, 2x120 wall DOM and a few bits from Mcmaster carr. still rated at 2k

i custom cut them to my needs.

Post up some info!! :thunb:

Brody
February 8th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Those Tire Gates have had some great reviews. I was going to do one on mine and so I did a lot of research into them. This was when they first came out, too. No one has ever had anything bad to say about them even after time.

Alas, the sazall turned into a mad thing in my hands and I lost where I was going to use the TireGate on my truck....