PDA

View Full Version : First Anniversary Run - March 28, 2009

Chris
February 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
March 29th is Front Range 4x4's First Anniversary which we'll celebrate with a group run on China Wall to make attendance equally easy regardless of location.

The date of this run will be Saturday March 28th since past experience has proven Sunday's are less accessible by the majority of folks.

For everyone not familiar with China Wall it's a popular trail for us because folks south (Colorado Springs) and folks north (Denver Metro) have similar driving times rather than making those south drive an hour just to meet up around Denver. Due to the location snow shouldn't be a problem. Also, and more important in this case, all obstacles have bypasses so even totally stock trucks can run this trail while also providing obstacles for the built trucks. Last, it has some nice open areas where we can gather for lunch without obstructing the trail for others who may be there at the same time.

I think I speak for everyone and say that this will be a good time regardless of the number of runs you've been on with the Front Range 4x4 people. It will be an opportunity to meet people you haven't had the chance to yet, kick some tires, hang out and have a good time. If this is typically a work day for you try to take the day off, you have plenty of time to plan for it.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank one and all for making Front Range 4x4 what it is today. My role has been creating this forum, it's all of you that deserve credit for bringing together a great group of people and I thank you all for that!

Let's all try to make it! :thunb:

Brody
February 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM
It is certainly on my calendar!!

WINKY
February 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM
im in like flint

Funrover
February 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I will be there "tentative" so far it is a yes!

Brody
February 13th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Aaron...tentative??...with almost 2 months to plan??...come on....We are all sorta 'tentative' due to economics and jobs (or lack thereof) and don't really know what is headed down the pike, but still....

Warrlord
February 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
We are all sorta 'tentative' due to economics and jobs (or lack thereof) and don't really know what is headed down the pike, but still....

That's for sure. I'm in :thunb:

JeepersCreepers
February 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I is in... of course that is assuming work will get out of my way for that day :p

WINKY
February 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
i have to wait till i have the money in the bank before i can continue on the truck but i will be ready to do something :)

Pathrat
February 13th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Chris, your heading and the first line of text says anniversary run March 29th but the posted date in the second line of text of your paragraph says March 28th. just sayin' :)

Chris
February 14th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks again, it's good somebody keeps me in line and checks my dates. :lol:

I wonder if there's been a time when you didn't correct the dates I posted? :o

Roostercruiser
February 14th, 2009, 07:42 AM
im in but Sarah my not be in she going to the dentist a couple of days before. is there gonna be a lunch if so i can bring the dogs?

Brody
February 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I'll kick in a couple of those tow strap units and a Hi Lift accesory for the vendor giveaway. I'll get them to you long before the date of the run.

4Runninfun
February 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
im in but Sarah my not be in she going to the dentist a couple of days before. is there gonna be a lunch if so i can bring the dogs?

i'll be bringing my pup.

Funrover
February 14th, 2009, 11:15 AM
i'll be bringing my pup.

Wouldn't be a trip without Blackfoot! :thunb:

KnuckleHead
February 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Depending on money for gas when the time comes, I'll be there. Just to clear things up with the date 28th or 29th? Also is there a time frame?

Brody
February 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Aaron...you talking about Jon?? Not very nice....

I think the date is the 28th and that the time and meeting place(s) haven't been established yet...

4Runninfun
February 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
for the CS folks generally the mcdonalds in woodland park works best.

Roostercruiser
February 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
i'll be bringing my pup.

i ment hot dogs :D sorry about the confusion

4Runninfun
February 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
HAHA I guess i should have finished my coffee before posting.

Pathrat
February 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Sure, for the Turkey Run, I think I was the one that had that all wrong. :)

Pathrat
February 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
We should be in. If so, we will bring the stove, paper plates and something else that is yet to be determined. mwaaahaaahaaaa

Roostercruiser
February 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
We should be in. If so, we will bring the stove, paper plates and something else that is yet to be determined. mwaaahaaahaaaa

thank you ;)

WINKY
February 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
if someone wants to make a list of things needed to bring i would be happy to provide a few as well :)

DETN8R
February 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'm going to make this one

Roostercruiser
February 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
i almost got my dad to bring his Caddy all wheel drive wagon i dont know whats its called though:lol:

Pathrat
February 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
if someone wants to make a list of things needed to bring i would be happy to provide a few as well :)

Thanks for the offer! Generally what seems to happen on food runs is the main things, like dogs or burgers are spoken for and then people add in, 'I'll bring buns, mustard, relish' and what have you. People seem to just read who is doing what and augment what is already stated. Long winded way of saying when the run gets closer, you will get an idea of what you want to bring and just post it up.

Brody
February 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Hey Cowboy...it is called expensive...twist his arm..it would be fun to see and get pictures of this, too. He probably has it insured up the wazu...

Roostercruiser
February 15th, 2009, 10:44 PM
i showed him a youtub video of a benz doing china wall and he said his caddy could do that. so will see.

Funrover
February 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
i showed him a youtub video of a benz doing china wall and he said his caddy could do that. so will see.

Hell Jon and I did it in a Subaru... (Jon Drive and I spot)

sr5yota84
February 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Count me in! This will probably be my first time meeting everyone!

scoutfam
February 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Sounds like a great chance for me to actually meet some of the folks here on frontrange. I would love to attend Fam and all........ The huskies have to stay home though..... They would disappear or the trail would have to be named "hair wall" they will be blowing coat at that time :lol:

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Kids & dogs are welcome, there are plenty of both in this group. ;)

Bring the Huskies, whoever takes the tailgunner position can make a sweater. :D

WINKY
February 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
i will have to leave no later than 7:30-8pm that sunday as i have to work that night... :( but i will be there

Man Jerk
February 16th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I hope to be there.

WINKY
February 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
so what time is the meetup for the northies? and where will that be? if its too far out thats ok, just want to know who i can follow :)

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Usually the Denver & north folks meet at the Safeway in Conifer an hour or so before trail head meeting time.

WINKY
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
so has the trailhead meeting time been set?

Pathrat
February 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
When we did the recovery run, the meet time was the Safeway in Conifer at 830, we left at around 9am and got to the trailhead at about 1030.

Do those who plan to meet at the Safeway want to keep this schedule or go a half hour earlier, and thus interrupting my beauty sleep? :princess:

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Do those who plan to meet at the Safeway want to keep this schedule or go a half hour earlier, and thus interrupting my beauty sleep? :princess:

A half hour earlier sounds good :princess:

:lol:

Pathrat
February 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
A half hour earlier sounds good :princess:

:lol:

:p
:D

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Sure, for the Turkey Run, I think I was the one that had that all wrong. :)

Good on that because I don't do well w/o someone checking. Here's proof: March 28th is my daughters due date! :eek:

It's also the Saturday when we'd celebrate her 2 year olds birthday (actually the 26th) :oops:

The good news: we'll celebrate the birthday Friday or Sunday and there's no way my daughter is going to make it another 6 weeks.

Pathrat
February 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Chris! so on a sort of related topic, she and the baby are doing well?

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
She's coping, he's kicking up a storm! :clap:

WINKY
February 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
i can make it a half hour earlier as well :) so the northies meet at conifer safeway @ 8am ?

Roostercruiser
February 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
She's coping, he's kicking up a storm! :clap:

is she still on bed rest? give her our best wishes and good luck cause shes your little :princess:

4runner freak
February 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
i can make it a half hour earlier as well :) so the northies meet at conifer safeway @ 8am ?

I'm in. I'll drive the 4runner as long as I don't have it torn apart for dual tranny install. If so, I'll break in the new Trooper.

solid rock
February 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I will sure try to make this one.......never been to chinamans

Chris
February 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I will sure try to make this one.......never been to chinamans

It's not Chinaman's Jim, it's China Wall. I hope you will be there! ;)

Brody
February 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
It would be really nice to see you again, Jim! I hope you can make this one!

Yeah...and it is China Wall...still south and west of here, but not quite as far....easier, too.

Patrolman
February 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I have penciled it in. Will see what the story is when we get closer...

Chris
February 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
is she still on bed rest? give her our best wishes and good luck cause shes your little :princess:

Yep, only 35 days to go! She appreciates everyone's support as I do too.

She is my :princess: and I hope everyone is as fortunate as I am to have a great relationship with their kids. :thunb:

Dirt Claude
February 18th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm planning on bring on whole family for this one. We'll see everyone up there!

Man Jerk
February 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I'll be there. Family might come, too early to tell.

Pathrat
February 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
With all the people we have, it might be a good idea if more than one stove is brought. We will bring the travel table to cook on. Does someone else have a small table to bring?

Warrlord
February 18th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Stephanie, I can bring the same camping table I brought on the last trail run, in the meantime, I'll figure what food items to bring & post 'em up.

Brody
February 19th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I'd like to say yes to the table, but all of my 'nice' tables have been savagely abused and are no longer fit to eat on...even if they get covered...unless you are overly fond of the smell of gear oil with your food....

Chris
February 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
An extra table? Nope, we finally got one for the house though! :D

Roostercruiser
February 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
With all the people we have, it might be a good idea if more than one stove is brought. We will bring the travel table to cook on. Does someone else have a small table to bring?

i have a big foldble i can bring

4runner freak
February 19th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I've got a propane camping stove I can bring!

Pathrat
February 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Great, looks like an additional stove and table will be present...thanks guys :)

Brody
February 21st, 2009, 05:38 AM
We will probably be able to come up with another Coleman stove and some other stuff. I'll just have to be reminded... I mean, after all, this is over a month away....

WINKY
February 21st, 2009, 05:56 AM
anyone bringing hamburgers and buns?

Brody
February 21st, 2009, 06:36 AM
Hey Randy

When these folks bring food and stoves, they are serious about food! I would just bring something to contribute...hamburgers, buns, hot dogs, chips, potaoto salad...basically cook out type food.

I mean...they put on a spread. Pathrat, Jimmy, Joe, Jamie, Steve,Tye ..they bring food! Every time we have gone on a run where we did a little cook out, there has been a bunch! It has really been great! The hardest part has been finding an area out of the wind where we can all hang out comfortably...

WINKY
February 21st, 2009, 07:05 AM
so bring a lot of burgers and buns :)

Pathrat
February 21st, 2009, 09:11 AM
I imagine we will bring the Costco pack of Hebrew National dogs

Roostercruiser
February 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
this is gonna be fun

WINKY
February 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM
I imagine we will bring the Costco pack of Hebrew National dogs

hebrew national....

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!:eek:

Funrover
February 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I can bring a stove and other items... Just let me know.. I assume I am gonna carry a few items!

Roostercruiser
February 22nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
i can bring a variety of 2 liter sodas

Funrover
February 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
i can bring a variety of 2 liter sodas

Shaken.... not stirred hahahahaha:lol::lol:

InsanityIsBorn
February 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
So where are the West Folk meeting? we have the North and the South... what about us other people?? I suppose we can meet at my house 4hrs before trailhead meeting time....

I am a tentative, as is ShutUpHippy. Gonna try to convince him to go with also. Also gotta get 74FJ40 up there too.

-Kiel-

Chris
February 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
So where are the West Folk meeting? we have the North and the South... what about us other people?? I suppose we can meet at my house 4hrs before trailhead meeting time....

I am a tentative, as is ShutUpHippy. Gonna try to convince him to go with also.

That is now the official meeting place for people as far west as you guys. Of course now that it is official you guys have to show up, can't have regional organizers not make it regardless of reason. :D

Also gotta get 74FJ40 up there too.

Since he's kind of between the the north & south he can meet up with either the Denver or Springs groups. It would be great to see you guys there. Rob too if he's up to it!

:thunb:

Brody
February 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Probably find one of us here that would put you guys up if you didn't want to do a death drive day. LaDawn and I have a spare bedroom and lotsa space with an air mattress, or you could spoon, I guess, but I don't wanna know about it....

Forgot...we are kind of up in north Denver..I bet some of the Springs folks will chime in with an offer...

Be good to see you again, too. Just posted the link to the Yankee Hill video ...thought I'd forgotten about it didn't ya??

Funrover
February 23rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
I have an extra place to sleep.... 1 futon, 2 fold out couches and an extra bed.. Or a camper in the sideyard for the camping feel LOL

Pathrat
February 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Chris, how about in about a week or so we post up a sticky that has where each group is meeting and the time, and on that thread people can post up the definite 'ins' and what they are bringing?

The short list seems to be two stoves, two tables, dogs, buns, condiments, paper plates, cups (if CBJ is bringing the 2 liters), garbage bags, plastic utensils maybe and the associated cook out foods. I will need an estimated number to figure out how many hot dogs to bring.

Chris
February 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
You think this is getting a bit too windy? Yeah, summary threads will be coming. BTW, how come your signature photo is showing up? Not supposed to!

Chris
February 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
:D Signature pic? What signature pic? :D

My mistake.

Pathrat
February 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
:D Signature pic? What signature pic? :D

My mistake.

Ummm, yeah, it's like HUGE!:lol: I noticed tonight when I finally logged on to 200 unread posts.

ShutUpHippie
February 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
I am a tentative, as is ShutUpHippy. Gonna try to convince him to go with also. Also gotta get 74FJ40 up there too.

-Kiel-

Well it's looking more and more like we will come, the only question that remains is if we will take Kiel's Cruiser or my Jeep or both. We are working on finding ourselves some co-pilots.

I need to start working on my CB, there is a bad feedback problem that I just can't seem to pinpoint.. :wrench: All the grounds seem good (usually the source of feedback), I just am not sure where to check anymore. I swear I hit every bit of the electrical setup. Any suggestions?

Brody
February 24th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I usually have some kind of am answer, but this last run we were on I noticed that when I turned my (newly rerouted as the inside the steering column thing broke) switch for my windshield washer on, it shot very loud static across my CB. Since I know that I grounded these to different points and grounded them pretty well, I am left clueless.

With that said, I am not going to offer a suggestion at this point...sort of the blind leading the blind kinda thing, ya know....

Chris
February 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Not help from me either, I picked up a new CB because mine wasn't working only to find it was probably my antenna and not the radio. :o

InsanityIsBorn
February 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Probably find one of us here that would put you guys up if you didn't want to do a death drive day. LaDawn and I have a spare bedroom and lotsa space with an air mattress, or you could spoon, I guess, but I don't wanna know about it....

Forgot...we are kind of up in north Denver..I bet some of the Springs folks will chime in with an offer...

Be good to see you again, too. Just posted the link to the Yankee Hill video ...thought I'd forgotten about it didn't ya??

I have an extra place to sleep.... 1 futon, 2 fold out couches and an extra bed.. Or a camper in the sideyard for the camping feel LOL

I think we will just do the death drive, mainly cuz I have work Friday and Sunday sooooooo.....hehehe

Thanks for the offers though guys!

Gate Monkey
February 24th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't miss it.

sr5yota84
February 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I might take somone up on the offer.. Considering i might bee too tired to drive back to wyoming haha.. I will have to talk to the girlfriend and see what she says.. (never make plans without asking the lady otherwise your in the dog house!)

I was curios on were the northies are meeting? do we have an exact address so i can plug it in my gps. Otherwise im lost..

Brody
February 25th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Hey sr5Yota

Me, Deezlpwr, Pathrat, 4LoLo, Tye, and some other folks are all located on the northern end of Denver, most of us off I70. You could hook up with us at some point up here, we would just have to set a convenient place and time.

Check with your girlfriend...we have a spare room, so it shouldn't be a problem...ooopps...need to check with LaDawn...HEHE...seriously, we enjoy company, so keep us in mind. The area we have in mind for the trail run is about 1 1/2 hours from our house (Wadsworth and I70), which is about 1 1/2 hours from your place in Wyoming making for a very long day...

sr5yota84
February 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Sweet ill double check with her and tell her how far away it is. She might not even come.
We were just going to camp but might be a little too chilly for that.

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 05:06 PM
New tally post: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24780#post24780

WINKY
March 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM
is it the 28th yet??? I CANT WAIT!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:bang::bang::bang:

InsanityIsBorn
March 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Hmmmm new bump in the road has occurred for me... Truck won't start. get the "click then nuthin" thing going, tried jumping nothin. Then check my battery has good charge, then checked batt connections right after batt, they good. hit starter with a hammer, nothin. Checked connections at started seemed good, need to check again cuz I ran outta time, had class then left town immediately to catch a plane 4hrs away... so tomorrw is my work on that day.

Any other suggestions?

WINKY
March 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
sounds like the starter is totally seized or the starter relay is fried on the high voltage side. you dont hear it whine at all? engine doesnt turn over? you only hear a click and nothing else?

Brody
March 16th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I am thinking like Randy...starter relay...

Chris
March 16th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Not uncommon 60 thing Kiel. Time to rebuild the starter - search on mud and you'll find the part numbers.

Jeffster
March 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Dang it! I wish... Looks like it will be a bit before I get to play again. The XJ has become the wife's grocery-getter... :erm: and... the new vehicle plans are on hold now that our youngest daughter accepted her boy friend's marriage proposal. :eek: So, I can't afford to break anything right now but, hope it's a great run!

Brody
March 23rd, 2009, 06:27 AM
Here is a link to the thread where the meeting places and times are posted:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4224

Let us know if you have problems figuring it out and one of us will get you sorted out. You can just PM me or post again. What end of town do you live on? Or do you live in the Springs area?

Chris
March 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
My wife and kids are going a possibly two more vehicles with us (if that is ok) I will try and find out asap about the other vehicles and how many.

10 at the trailhead though like Pete said there are a couple groups meeting to caravan from either Denver or the Springs.

Other vehicles are great, everyone is more than welcome to bring friends! :thunb:

WINKY
March 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
more people=more lardcakes!

Warrlord
March 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
I edited my RSVP cause now my daughter wants to go with us...........for a total of 3.

Roostercruiser
March 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
more people=more lardcakes!

yum yum cant wait

spacely
March 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
bummer....I won't be able to make it since I leave for Houston, TX on Saturday :( Hope you guys have fun!!

dr350jja
March 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Please excuse the newb. Where we meeting up and what time?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris
March 23rd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for asking, the details will be here -> http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4224

Telly
March 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Have fun...I'll be in Kansas kickin it with the inlaws. Whipeeeeeeee.

Doug

Chris
March 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Will we have snow? Looks like we might!

:drive:

scout man
March 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Just found out that I am finally getting a few hours at work... this weekend :doh:so unfortunately I will not be able to make it anymore. :(

Brody
March 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
If I had work, I would bail too, however much I want to go. Something to be said for working...though if you had money to go with the time off it would probably change your perspective a bit. I seem to either have time or money, but not both at the same time...

Sometime that famous climber's quote "At either end of the social spectrum, there is a leisure class." doesn't quite work....

flexytoy
March 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Love to come but such a drive to come from up north in Greeley. One thing that sucks about having a rock rig that has to be towed.

Brody
March 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Hey Flexytoy

You want to go, but don't want to do the drive to and from in a day, you can probably stay at our house Saturday night and drive back home Sunday.
Just an option. If you want to do this, PM me. We have plenty of space, a spare room and a driveway you can park the trailer in.

This is one of the reasons that my rig has never gone beyond the 'drive to the trail and back' point....other than the fact that I would need a trailer and a tow rig, that is...

bookman
March 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
This will be my first run with your group. Where do you meet and what time? Also, with a blizzard coming in, do I just go to the forum to find out if the trip is cancelled a the last minute?

Chris
March 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Nice to have you join on this one Chuck. We'll meet at the trail head at 10am or you can join in a caravan from either Denver (8am Safeway in Conifer) or Colorado Springs (McDonalds in Woodland Park at 8:30am)

Chris
March 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM
do I just go to the forum to find out if the trip is cancelled a the last minute?

Yes, but this is Colorado wheeling and we don't let snow stop us unless roads to China Wall are impassable. ;)

Brody
March 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Hey Chuck

We usually don't cancel any runs. There are always people going no matter the conditions. The last winter run to China Wall that we did, some of the Denver group couldn't get over Kenosha Pass as it happened to one of the very few times it actually closed. Rather than drive all the way back around (285>C470>I25>Colorado Springs>24), we had a blast wheeling some of the other trails on this side of Kenosha. So, essentially, even if we do run into another oddball event like this one time, we will wheel somewhere.

And you can pretty much count on Pathrat, Gate Monkey, Tye, Bren, 4LoLo, SCRubicon, Chris, Dave, and any of the 'regular' Denver area folks to be there, barring vehicle problems, if they say they are going. One of the other reasons that so many people have gravitated to this site is because we actually do the trail runs we post and a good many show up. Not like Colorado GO4s, for instance, who post runs, never cancel them and don't show up at all. Hell, they don't even clean the trails they adopt, but that is another story..... My SO, LaDawn, and I went to 3 different trails that were posted on their site one year and never saw anyone from this bunch of lameasses. We ended up running the trails by ourselves..still fun...but that is one group that needs to put their $$ where their mouth is...

Chris
March 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I suggest we all tune to channel 4 on the CB's if you have one if things get sketchy.

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
This will be my first run with your group. Where do you meet and what time? Also, with a blizzard coming in, do I just go to the forum to find out if the trip is cancelled a the last minute?

blizzard or no blizzard im going...HAHAHAHA

Also just a bit of info for everyone, i purchased a handheld cb from a pawnshop that works great, 1w/5w selectable 40 channel so if someone needs one to use while we are running around let me know and you can use it to hear what we are doing. Just make sure to give it back once finished or i will hunt you down....:tsk:

Brody
March 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Channel 4 it is. If someone has some of the Colorado Springs folks numbers, we can also keep in touch via cell phone..and vice versa...I have Aaron's, Dave Nay's and Jon's I think and they all have mine...

Jamie
March 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Check your PM's Pete. You now have my info too.

It will have to get real bad before the snow will stop me.

Roostercruiser
March 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
at least the drinks will stay cold hahaha

Funrover
March 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
at least the drinks will stay cold hahaha

I like the way you think! :thunb:

Pathrat
March 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I had to bail on a run once, to find the stupid escaped cat :) I am not real hip on the snow, but we will be there!

And a reminder, I pick up some of you on my handheld, but not all of you, so whoever is in front or behind me that I am picking up, please relay anything important I might not be hearing. Thank you!!!

Brody
March 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
OK, Pathrat. If I am in front of you or right behind you, I'll call you on the CB and let you know that I am either in front of you or behind you, if you think that may help. You could just look out the windows once in awhile, too, I suppose....

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but can't you boost the power/range of a handheld CB by attaching it to a magnetic roof mount antenna? I think Bren has done that with his, but I don't remember...

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 05:55 AM
or i could get close to ya and cook your handheld with 40 watts...HAHAHAHAHA

but i have to agree with brody, looking out the window is an easy solution :rolleyes::lol:

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I had to bail on a run once, to find the stupid escaped cat :) I am not real hip on the snow, but we will be there!

Lock the cat up now and get Hugh's truck ready, you'll both be there. ;)

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
OK, Pathrat. If I am in front of you or right behind you, I'll call you on the CB and let you know that I am either in front of you or behind you, if you think that may help. You could just look out the windows once in awhile, too, I suppose....

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but can't you boost the power/range of a handheld CB by attaching it to a magnetic roof mount antenna? I think Bren has done that with his, but I don't remember...

For you Brody, I will use hand signals. :D

I do have the magnetic antenna.

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
For you Brody, I will use hand signals. :D

:lol: He knows all of them! :lol:

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Okay, I deleted the poll after deciding there's too much planning already done to cancel because of a little snow. ;)

If you're not up for a snow run please change your RSVP to reflect it. :thunb:

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I see that Kenosha is currently closed but I would assume that it will be open by Saturday am. And as SCRubicon and Brody said, there are alternates. We may need those if we run into two feet of snow on the trail?

Fortress of Tranquility
March 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Here's your forecast for Tarryall:

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow before midnight, then snow likely after midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -17. North northeast wind between 11 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northeast wind between 5 and 7 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -1. North northwest wind between 3 and 10 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Wind chill values as low as zero. West northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Unfortunately I have a prior obligation Friday night that will keep me out until 3am, so kind of a rough turnaround to get down there. If those plans fall through I'll try to join you.

gragravar
March 27th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Have fun tomorrow folks. I miss going with you even though I am gonna enjoy the skiing.

BLUE THUNDER
March 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry I cant make it, have a great time.

Brody
March 28th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Have fun tomorrow folks. I miss going with you even though I am gonna enjoy the skiing.

I'll miss meeting you....next time, though!

Hope you have fluff past your waist and not cement! Give us an after ski report if you get a chance! You have fun, too! This is why you live up there, right??

DETN8R
March 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Man, I suck. Wish I went.