PDA

View Full Version : Snow Run/Snowshoe Trip

Brody
February 15th, 2009, 06:26 AM
We are going to do a snow run and snow shoe run this coming Saturday, Feb 21st in the Guanella Pass/ Duck Creek area. We will meet at the Fort off of Highway 285 and Morrison Road at 8:30 AM.

If there isn't enough snow at Duck Creek (and there should be) we will go a little farther towards Kenosha Pass.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there! Please post if you are going to go.

My cell is 303-507-3066 and we will be on channel 4 on the CBs.

So far Bren, Bear and I are going and maybe Dave Nay.

Brody
February 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Pretty much a cruise run, Dave. Bren is bringing his kids, too. Duck Creek proper and a lot of the other trails up there don't start to really climb unless you are going to want to go way above tree line...The area is popular with x skiers and snow shoes for this reason...

Funrover
February 15th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I am already going to be at a bicycle show..... :(

Pathrat
February 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I will be in Wisconsin, enjoying their Midwestern cold and my new nephew.

mikem
February 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'm in.

I'll see you on Saturday morning at 8:30.

Mike

Tye
February 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
See ya'll there.

Fort 8:30

WINKY
February 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
when pics and vids are posted of everyone from today i wanna see :D Too bad we didnt get one of me getting air in BRUTUS...HAHAHAHAHAHAH good times good times!!!!!!!!

It was great meeting all who came as well! I hope i made a good impression too :)

Brody
February 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Sure did Randy! Great to finally meet ya!

I'll post what I have in the AM..still missed the killer shot that I only saw in the side mirror...when your rig vanished in the mass of snow you kicked up bashing through the drift! Tye and George saw it, too, but I bet that the didn't get a picture either! You just did it too fast, man...

Great to see what an essentially bone stock, 1 ton +, 9,000lb, full size diesel with non aired down street tires can do...quite impressive, to say the least...

Good to see Tye and George again, as well as Mike and his friend Darren...a really great time, great weather and altogether great day...

Brody
February 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Sure did Randy! Great to finally meet ya!

I'll post what I have in the AM..still missed the killer shot that I only saw in the side mirror...when your rig vanished in the mass of snow you kicked up bashing through the drift and you caught some air! Tye and George saw it, too, but I bet that they didn't get a picture either! You just did it too fast, man...

Great to see what an essentially bone stock, 1 ton +, 9,000lb, full size diesel with non aired down street tires can do...quite impressive, to say the least...

Good to see Tye and George again, as well as Mike and his friend Darren...a really great time, great weather and altogether great day...

Funrover
February 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a great time...bummer I didn't go!

Roostercruiser
February 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
sounds like yall had fun

WINKY
February 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
well i know now my truck isnt ready for deep snow... it works better as a momentum plow... but then im running 29" snow tire that are worn down... oh and a have a boat anchor in the engine compartment...i need to do my lift kit..HAHAHAHAHAH

Hey pete, that 4xlow 1st gear is nice though, let the cluch out and it didnt care what it was pulling out the ground, or deep snow for that matter :bow: