PDA

View Full Version : Newb

greenramp
February 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
New to forum thought I would follow the rules for once and see where they get me. I live in Broomfield, CO and own a shop in Longmont called Billet Tech. We do custom anything...machining, welding, engineering services. Both my business partner and I are Mechanical Engineers and have been working in various fields quite some time. I currently drive a 1989 Range Rover Classic on 35's with a custom lift by ....me. I have had every Jeep imaginable since I was 16 years old. In fact this Range Rover is only the second vehicle I have ever owned that wasn't a Jeep.

I hope to get to know all on the forum, and don't hesitate to ask anything as I have a wealth of knowledge to give.

Joe

Chris
February 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the board Joe! Following the rules isn't a strength of many of us but does help in this case because I'm heavy with the delete key for those not willing to follow the intro requirement so thanks for that. :D

Nice to have an expert to toss ideas to and see if they fly or not. How about posting a pic of your RRC and some stuff you do relating to 4x4's?

Since I'm never bashful of asking questions I'd like your opinion of my question of this thread: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23603#post23603

I had the opportunity to watch a Mechanical Engineer design and install shift linkage and mounting on a race car the other day and the result was amazing, his approach sure was different than anything I'd seen which tends to be more "seat of the pants" approach. ;)

:welcome:

4Runninfun
February 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
welcome aboard! are you the guy funrover got the RRC axle from?

greenramp
February 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
yep

WINKY
February 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
im a newb too WELCOME :):)

4Runninfun
February 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
thought so, good to see you over here. did you finish your rear bumper?

Brody
February 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the site! Always good to get a few more Rovers here. Yours looks great, BTW, and I love those steel rims...

Looking forward to doing some wheeling with you! Be sure to post pictures and any Rover links that aren't on the site...always good to get more information.

I think you'll like the site..a great bunch of folks here! Oh...almost forgot...be sure to post your business in the vendors section..address, phone, what you do, any pictures, etc.

Jimmy
February 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Hey Joe. Welcome to the group!

Roostercruiser
February 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
welcome joe where in longmont r you?

Funrover
February 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Welcome Joe.. Glad to see you made it!

greenramp
February 17th, 2009, 07:51 AM
My shop is located off hwy 119 close to Hyjak Chevy. I'll post more about it in vendor section when I have time. Thanks for the welcome.

SCRubicon
February 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk/signs_38.gif

KnuckleHead
February 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Welcome aboard.....

99Disco1
March 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Joe, how about that? You recruited me to this forum and you weren't O-fficial yet! Nice!

I have seen Joe's custom work on his Range Rover and can vouch for the fact that it is first rate. Thanks again for wheelin' last weekend!

john

greenramp
March 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks John. I appreciate that.