PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

1freaky1
February 24th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm Sean and I have a 02 Ranger that is my DD ride, I built everything on her and even some for other rides. I met a guy yesterday at the Walmart @ Flatirons and we talked a bit about our Rangers so now I am on here too, I also know Larry (Warrlord) just did not know he was on here.
If you have any ?s just ask. I do fab custom bumpers and equipment for off road vehicles especially for the Rangers since not much is out there for them or if it is it is way over priced.:wrench:

Chris
February 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Sean, nice to have you on the board!

I'll be the first to say "Post some pics of your Ranger!"

Always good to have another fab guy here!

:welcome:

Brody
February 24th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the site! I am glad you hooked up with us!

Good to have another fab guy, too. I do some myself. I agree...just about everything out there is overpriced for the most part. Even starting from scratch, you can make stuff cheaper than a lot of the manufacturers do...with some exceptions, of course, but it is nice to do work for friends and save them some bucks while still providing them with quality product!

Good to see another Rover/Ranger here, too...You guys need to catch up to the Yota folks..

Thanks also for the request for any questions. That's one of the things that make this site so nice...people volunteering to help with knowledge or time...

Hope to meet you soon.

Funrover
February 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Just looked at your pics on the Members ride thread.. Nicely done!

WINKY
February 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the group!

SCRubicon
February 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Welcome to Front Range!

Warrlord
February 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome Sean, glad you made it over here :thunb:

Pathrat
February 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hey there! I saw pictures of your rig Monday as the guy you were talking to in the parking lot is my husband. I got an email when he got back detailing some of the cool work you have done. Nice work!
Welcome!

Pathrat
February 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Your front bumper is not too dissimilar to what I picture on the front of my FJC. What does it weigh?

Chris
February 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
the guy you were talking to in the parking lot is my husband

So is gatemonkey inspired to start building his? ;)

Gate Monkey
February 24th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Sean..Welcome. I am the guy you met at the Walmart with the stock 01 Ranger. I snapped a few pictures of your rig with mt camera phone and e-mailed them to my wife Pathrat. Looking forward to looking at the pictures you posted up.

Gate Monkey
February 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Oh I might have some modest plans Chris...but...Not much resources left over for building the Ranger when Pathrat and I already have the care and feeding of an FJ to think about. :)

1freaky1
February 25th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Your front bumper is not too dissimilar to what I picture on the front of my FJC. What does it weigh?

That one I did in 3/16" & 1/4" so it ways a lot, not sure of the total weight but with the winch it took 3 of us using a floor jack to mount it. It dropped the front of my truck a bit over 1".

I do build a light weight version of this one that comes in at 75lbs and is pretty durable. The last one I built was for a FS Bronco and he wheels it pretty hard and so far it is holding up great.

1freaky1
February 25th, 2009, 06:33 AM
It was good to meet you the other day, I did not get your name, sorry I was focused on the conversation my wife and I was having along with the grocery shopping.

And thank you all it will be nice to meet more of you on the trails and such as time goes on.

Pathrat
February 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
That one I did in 3/16" & 1/4" so it ways a lot, not sure of the total weight but with the winch it took 3 of us using a floor jack to mount it. It dropped the front of my truck a bit over 1".

I do build a light weight version of this one that comes in at 75lbs and is pretty durable. The last one I built was for a FS Bronco and he wheels it pretty hard and so far it is holding up great.

Thanks for the info. The bumper is still in the formulation and idea stages.

And Gatemonkey's name is Hugh. :)