PDA

View Full Version : Make and Model Clean up

Brody
February 26th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Just a quick warning here:

I am exercising my moderator's priveledges to clean up the Make and Model information threads so that someone new to the site doesn't have to wade through a bunch of unnecessary information to get what they are looking for. We are getting way too many members and what worked for a few people isn't going to work with the number of people we have now or are going to get in the future.

What this means is that I am deleting anything not specifically related to information links to specific makes and models. That means all the posted replies, comments, etc, including my own, that simply make accessing information a pain.

In the future, if you have a site that contains pertinent information on any make or model, simply post it in the right section. Please refrain from cluttering up (and I am saying this myself, too) these information sites with even 'thank yous'. Replies and corrections should go under the 'General' thread.

One of the reasons that I am doing this is simply that we are growing and starting to get people looking for information from all over. Cleaning these areas up will present a more professional appearance and will be more effective in the long run for everyone.

So, over the course of the next few days, expect to see everything EXCEPT information deleted from these threads and all the threads and links posted under the right make and model.

So, my thanks to everyone who has contributed to all of this information, which has been practically everyone. Don't stop now, either! Transferring the information precluded crediting it to whomever provided it.

My only sort of apologies to everyone

Brody

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Sounds good Pete. As I was looking at the links today I was thing that adding a bit of information on what's in the site would be helpful rather than just having a link without any description.

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM
One of the reasons that I am doing this is simply that we are growing and starting to get people looking for information from all over.

Just a quick confirmation on the "from all over" comment, looks like our little Colorado club is getting more people from CA than CO!

Brody
February 26th, 2009, 08:35 AM
That's part of what prompted my doing this. If people come here looking for information. I want them to be able to go : Toyota>1/2 doors and there they are..

It will take a bit, but will be much more streamlined. I might upset a few folks, but most people will understand the reasoning behind it. Like I said, when we were few, it worked ok, but we are starting to get bigger than what was working before...

Tye
February 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I know we have more people from Co. than that...

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Yes, we sure do Tye. The link is called "the last 100 people to visit Front Range 4x4" but it's really the last 100 people that clicked on the link. It appears as though Californians like to click it. ;)

Roostercruiser
February 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
if i get it therrs going to be a place for just make/model and links with no bs and fillers.and the past info on truck links are going to be moved and the chit chat removed? sounds good and helpfull if i understand it right.

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
That's part of what prompted my doing this. If people come here looking for information. I want them to be able to go : Toyota>1/2 doors and there they are..

Perfect Pete, that will be very helpful. Thanks for all your past effort and future improvements.

:cheers:

Brody
February 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
You got it Cowboy. I am trying to make it a straight information source. Want something GM..go to GM and Chevy in the Make And Models and whatever I have found to post for helpful information will be there. If you have some good information links, including any I might have sent your way(and didn't post where they should've gone...) please feel free to post the where they do go!

The last sentence applies to everyone, too. Got a few good information links or sites that should be listed? Stick them in the appropiate place under the right make and model. Remember, you aren't only helping people on this site, but anyone who is visiting looking for information! Thanks in advance!

The Tech and How To sections will remain the same for the time being.

if i get it therrs going to be a place for just make/model and links with no bs and fillers.and the past info on truck links are going to be moved and the chit chat removed? sounds good and helpfull if i understand it right.

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I am trying to make it a straight information source.

If you don't want anyone posting to a link you can "close" it when you're done with it - that's a mod privilege I just gave you. Once closed nobody can post to it but they can read it. :thunb:

It will add the locked icon and remove the reply function.

Brody
February 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks! Right now I am trying to figure out how to move threads with pictures into another section. I got to where I can move the thread, but it defaults to the photobucket link (which actually might be a way to finally get to my lost password, error..error, etc. photobucket pictures...) for the actual picture. I'll do it this way if necessary and just repost the pictures, but it would be nice to just move the whole deal...

Let's see what happens for right now. At the moment, I'll watch the new posts and if people reply to something in the Make and Model section, sans new link or other info, I'll just delete it. I don't think there will be a problem as most people will appreciate just getting to where they want to go without wading through a lot of talk. It is hard enough to try to find information to begin with as I am sure everybody knows...and some of it requires more than a little time...

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks! Right now I am trying to figure out how to move threads with pictures into another section. I got to where I can move the thread, but it defaults to the photobucket link for the actual picture.

The Photobucket links are the photo, it's just a hot link that displays the photo w/o ever being loaded on the site.

Pathrat
February 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
NICE JOB BRODY! The set up looks great, very simple, exceptionally informative. :clap::thunb: