PDA

View Full Version : Tired of this crap!!!

Funrover
February 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I was out on a bike ride yesterday, beautiful area!!! I was enjoying the weather and the view when I come around the corner to a crap load of tires that someone dumped... WTF?!?!?! On the side of Gold Camp Road, this is crap... Can I call the FS and have them pick it up? any ideas would be great thanks.. (I will pick it up myself if needed)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Bike/Cheyenne%20Canyon/DSCN0267.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Bike/Cheyenne%20Canyon/DSCN0268.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Bike/Cheyenne%20Canyon/DSCN0269.jpg

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Nothing spoils a ride quicker than something like that! :mad:

Sure you can call the FS and I imagine they'll respond in good time. The risk is some other moron will see it and add to it.

I say pick it up, bring it to the FS office and let them know you're with Front Range 4x4. :cool:

Funrover
February 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Anyone want to help me go get them???

4Runninfun
February 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
i'm on my way

scoutfam
February 27th, 2009, 10:08 AM
can't help you get them at this point but if you have access to a game cam I would love to set one up and catch them in the act. You may want to suggest this to fish and game as well they might want to set up a camera. You will probably find that it is either a backyard mechanic, God I hope not, or a less than reputable tire fix place that doesn't want to dispose of tires the right way. They need to be shut down in any case.

Funrover
February 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Well we went there and they had already been picked up... Very Cool!

scoutfam
February 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Well we went there and they had already been picked up... Very Cool!
Hey maybe the dumper felt guilty or got caught.... either way cool that they are gone.

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
:thunb: A+ for effort, nice to know somebody took care of it!

Brody
February 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I hate this stuff with a passion. I don't know how many thousands of pounds of other people's crap I have taken out of the forests and forest roads over the years. A number of years ago, I removed a similiar pile of tires from Dakan Mountain Road...just sitting there where everyone could drive by them. I managed to get them all onto my rig, no mean feat either for those of you who know what I have to work with....truck wise...keep the rest of the comments to yourself, please.....

BUT...revenge is sweet...A short time after this, I pulled into one of my favorite climbing areas in the Pike, near Molly Gulch and before the Hayman fire. The trail head parking area was a disaster and with no one but me around. I spent the better part of 4 hours picking up some real nasty double glove diapers, tampons, food, crap (literally)...I mean it was foul. Guys from Lost Valley Ranch, whom I have absolutely no respect for at all, rode by on their horses and just looked at me picking this stuff up..no offer to help, though their ranch is right over the hill and the horse trail they use goes right by this area.

Anyway, as I was on my 5th or 6th bag of this nasty stuff, moaning about how bad people can be, moaning about how you never see them leaving this kind of stuff, etc, etc, lo and behold I find a receipt! I looked it over and realized that I had picked up many of the diapers and other items listed on it. SCORE!!!!!!! I finished my trash pick up, climbed all weekend, being careful to let the bags stay out in the sun and ...well...age, I guess would be a good word.

I loaded all this up and drove back to town where I enlisted the help of a friend to track the card number and name to an address. SCORE #2. I gave the Sheba whose name was on the card a fake sales 'You are a winner!' phone call to confirm the address. Everything peachy so far. Remember, all this time these bags of absolute grimness are ageing nicely...

I set my alarm for early the next morning and drove out to the address. Packing my police baton for 'just in case', I carefully carried all of these bags up to his 2nd floor apartment.
I then cut the bottom out of the bags and carefully piled all this nasty business as far up his door as I could. It reached a long ways up and essentially covered the walkway in front of his place. There was no way for him to open the door from the inside without getting about 1/2 of that stuff inside his place...I then carefully taped a pre written note to the side of his door saying something to the effect that I had returned the items that he had left at the Molly Gulch trail head.

I always wished that I could've stuck around to see the look on his face, but I had to get to work. Still, it was a nice bit of non violent pay back and still makes me smile when I pick up people's trash outside. Do I still look for receipts?? You bet I do.....

WINKY
February 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
i would have helped but i jsut got home from replacing the brake shoes on muh truck. But i would have helped. That kind of blatent ignorance is just uncalled for and whoever did that needs to get a flogging.:mad:

4runner freak
February 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I hate this stuff with a passion. I don't know how many thousands of pounds of other people's crap I have taken out of the forests and forest roads over the years. A number of years ago, I removed a similiar pile of tires from Dakan Mountain Road...just sitting there where everyone could drive by them. I managed to get them all onto my rig, no mean feat either for those of you who know what I have to work with....truck wise...keep the rest of the comments to yourself, please.....

BUT...revenge is sweet...A short time after this, I pulled into one of my favorite climbing areas in the Pike, near Molly Gulch and before the Hayman fire. The trail head parking area was a disaster and with no one but me around. I spent the better part of 4 hours picking up some real nasty double glove diapers, tampons, food, crap (literally)...I mean it was foul. Guys from Lost Valley Ranch, whom I have absolutely no respect for at all, rode by on their horses and just looked at me picking this stuff up..no offer to help, though their ranch is right over the hill and the horse trail they use goes right by this area.

Anyway, as I was on my 5th or 6th bag of this nasty stuff, moaning about how bad people can be, moaning about how you never see them leaving this kind of stuff, etc, etc, lo and behold I find a receipt! I looked it over and realized that I had picked up many of the diapers and other items listed on it. SCORE!!!!!!! I finished my trash pick up, climbed all weekend, being careful to let the bags stay out in the sun and ...well...age, I guess would be a good word.

I loaded all this up and drove back to town where I enlisted the help of a friend to track the card number and name to an address. SCORE #2. I gave the Sheba whose name was on the card a fake sales 'You are a winner!' phone call to confirm the address. Everything peachy so far. Remember, all this time these bags of absolute grimness are ageing nicely...

I set my alarm for early the next morning and drove out to the address. Packing my police baton for 'just in case', I carefully carried all of these bags up to his 2nd floor apartment.
I then cut the bottom out of the bags and carefully piled all this nasty business as far up his door as I could. It reached a long ways up and essentially covered the walkway in front of his place. There was no way for him to open the door from the inside without getting about 1/2 of that stuff inside his place...I then carefully taped a pre written note to the side of his door saying something to the effect that I had returned the items that he had left at the Molly Gulch trail head.

I always wished that I could've stuck around to see the look on his face, but I had to get to work. Still, it was a nice bit of non violent pay back and still makes me smile when I pick up people's trash outside. Do I still look for receipts?? You bet I do.....

Remind me to stay on your good side, Pete! :D
That's Awesome.

Funrover
February 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
That is awesome Pete.. Gotta love revenge like that!

Roostercruiser
February 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
people like that gets trails and forest roads closed for the rest of us who do respect the enviroment and tread lightly

gm4x4lover
February 27th, 2009, 06:05 PM

I hope the ******* understood. good job :lol:

Pathrat
February 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM
.... That kind of blatent ignorance is just uncalled for and whoever did that needs to get a flogging.:mad:

We have all said that, and more, repeatedly. :mad:

kdkg
March 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
That kind of stuff happens all the time down here in the Fountain/Security/Widefield area. I wonder how they manage to dump without someone seeing them.

Was a Mattress set the other day on Fontaine road. Right behind houses.

What does it cost to get rid of tires now days? $2.50 a tire? Hope the guy spent more in gas than that.

Funrover
March 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
That kind of stuff happens all the time down here in the Fountain/Security/Widefield area. I wonder how they manage to dump without someone seeing them.

Was a Mattress set the other day on Fontaine road. Right behind houses.

What does it cost to get rid of tires now days? $2.50 a tire? Hope the guy spent more in gas than that.

3.00- 5.00 depending where

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Wait until you go on a trail run clean up. It makes what you pick up as a matter of course on a normal run look pretty small in comparison, although the last folks that ran Barbour Forks mentioned how clean it looked.

Devil's Canyon is another multi use trail that one can get to with just about anything, so I am sure that if we adopt it, we will be faced with the same major clean up problems...hopefully sans old car...

See if we can get permission to crucify some of the trash dumpers from the Forest Service ...outside of the trail we just cleaned, of course...

gm4x4lover
March 2nd, 2009, 08:35 PM

I will dispose of any trash tires for free that are picked up on the trail or surrounding community. Just bring them buy either of our shops, make sure you send me a pm prior or give me a call. 719-268-9988 shop line or 719-238-8194 cell, Nick.

Pathrat
March 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
See if we can get permission to crucify some of the trash dumpers from the Forest Service ...outside of the trail we just cleaned, of course...

We couldn't even get express, written permission to remove the Bronco. Of course we still did. So I think implied permission would work. We should start looking for railroad ties and large nails.

Roostercruiser
March 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
when was n 4-h our club the Bunny Bunch adopted 2 mile section of road. it was on an indian reservation and while pickinc up trash some passer byiers would try to.nail us by trash flung from there cars. we were only 7-9 at the time.

Brody
March 3rd, 2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks, Nick. That's a very nice offer!

Funrover
March 3rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Good to know.... thanks man!

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Generous offer, thanks!

Patrolman
March 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
That is very generous. Where do you work? Short plug for them?

Funrover
March 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
That is very generous. Where do you work? Short plug for them?

Big O' Tires! Really great service and really friendly. Go to the one on Woodmen Road and ask for him! :thunb::bow:

Roostercruiser
March 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Big O' Tires! Really great service and really friendly. Go to the one on Woodmen Road and ask for him! :thunb::bow:

wheres woodmen rd?

WINKY
March 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
when was n 4-h our club the Bunny Bunch adopted 2 mile section of road. it was on an indian reservation and while pickinc up trash some passer byiers would try to.nail us by trash flung from there cars. we were only 7-9 at the time.

i would have had someone on standby with a brick waiting to chuck it back at the cars that try to hit ya with trash... IMO:2c:

WINKY
March 3rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hey if anyone has a trailer that we could use to dump more stuff into from cleanups i dont mind towing it along with us... never know whats out there

Roostercruiser
March 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
i have that 16 ft in the back yard

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
We used one on the big cleanup removing the Bronco II, hoping we don't have that much but we'll see when we get there. Nice having them available!