PDA

View Full Version : nebraska pics not corn fields

Roostercruiser
February 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
took some pics of southern panhandle nebraska while i was driving. Nebraska is pretty nice but all the land is private property almost.

Funrover
February 27th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Good ol Neb. I get out that way once in awhile to visit friends... Makes me love CO even more!

SCRubicon
February 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Looks a little bit like South Dakota. :)

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I always want to put on the cruise control and take a nap driving across Nebraska. :p

Brody
February 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
A lot of folks I know that hunt birds go to private land in Nebraska to hunt...I know the last time I drove through that way, I taped a camping Scrabble (magnetic) game board to the dash and my set of letters to the horn button. We played Scrabble, both regular and Ghetto (same pieces, VERY different game) all the way across Kansas and Nebraska.

A certain quiet feel to those areas with the right kind of light on them...

scout man
February 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
how about some Utah/Arizona/Nevada pics I took while driving yesterday/today...

Roostercruiser
February 27th, 2009, 06:18 PM
yellow penske truck?

scout man
February 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
yup, MHC pissed us off, so we are trying out the Penske thing... they are failing so far.

Roostercruiser
February 27th, 2009, 06:59 PM
i hate penske they do not fix there eqiupment. did my work ever get a hold of you because last i heard youve made it to my trans bosses. after that i hvent heard anything but i put a good word in for you with human resourses.

scout man
February 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
nope, havn't heard a word

Brody
February 28th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Nice pictures! Thanks guys!

Pathrat
February 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for posting the Utah/AZ/NM pics! THERE is where I want to be.

Funrover
February 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
How do you guys like the driving? I am looking to maybe get a CDL

scout man
March 1st, 2009, 12:07 AM
i rather enjoy it, although I am not quite a full time driver like Cowboy is, but when I do go over the road I find it enjoyable...

Funrover
March 1st, 2009, 12:21 AM
i rather enjoy it, although I am not quite a full time driver like Cowboy is, but when I do go over the road I find it enjoyable...

Yeah I don't think I would do well with long distance... I would do day trips and be home to the fam at night.....

Roostercruiser
March 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
hey funrover, i love it after 12 yrs of drriving i still feel like a little kid with a big Tonka toy. and i have all lower 48 states. now i just do the same 3 routes a week. it bothers me not being home but i know my wife and kids are ok because my in laws live with us so they are not by them selves. the longest im gone is around 36 hrs or so. here is some pics of inside my semi truck and all the buttons on the dash.

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Sweet Cowboy!

Fun to see pictures of your rig! Looks like a nice set up, too....

Roostercruiser
March 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
also funrover i hand unload my trailer with a ramp and a two wheeler kinda like the food service delivery trucks but instead i do conviennce stores(loaf n jugs, daimond shamrocks etc..) off the tailgate and on average im jogging/walking around 15-19 miles a day it keeps you in shape.

scout man
March 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Freightliner Heritage Edition???

Roostercruiser
March 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Freightliner Heritage Edition???

08 century heritage edition that tops out at 70 mph

scout man
March 1st, 2009, 11:11 PM
Yea, I top at 67 flat ground, about 30 uphill, and as high as you want down hill!!!! :drive: good ole freightliner... rides like a dream tho, just a slow dream.