PDA

View Full Version : 69 Camaro Blazer

Brody
March 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
My neighbor finally had this out again, so I got some shots. It is a 69 Camaro on a 70s K5 Blazer frame with a 454. He did this 20 something years ago. He used to mud race with it and it is locked front and rear. This is the same guy with the sweet IH 61 pick up. Kinda has that 'statement' look to it, doesn't it?

greenramp
March 4th, 2009, 03:47 PM
ask him what he wants for the Camaro "Hybrid" Just a feeler in case I need another one.

WINKY
March 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
i would so drive that around town!

gragravar
March 4th, 2009, 05:49 PM
i would so drive that around town!

I would too

scoutfam
March 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I love it here is another one that I have always loved..... maybe I will make one like it some day
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/This-is-the-Binderbird-at_68989.htm

They call it the binder bird........

ShutUpHippie
March 4th, 2009, 10:11 PM
That reminds me of that car in the movie "Out Cold" with the plow on it. That thing was sweet, don't remember what kind of car it was though..

Pathrat
March 4th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I gotta get a picture of the 65 hugely lifted Mustang in my neighborhood. Thanks for posting a picture of this one!

Funrover
March 4th, 2009, 11:16 PM
That is friggen SWEET!!!! I want!

1freaky1
March 5th, 2009, 01:29 AM
That is pretty cool, reminds me of what my two uncles used to build when I was a kid, the did a 63 falcon 2dr & a 64 falcon wagon.

Brody
March 5th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Already asked...not for sale. It was his high school car, pre 4x4 conversion, and he isn't going to part with it.

Saw a 57 Chevy wagon on a 1/2 tone Chevy 4x frame when I first got to Denver years ago. Beautiful, and they only wanted about $6k for it. I wanted it so badly, but didn't have the $$ and missed getting it.

Funrover
March 5th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I gotta get a picture of the 65 hugely lifted Mustang in my neighborhood. Thanks for posting a picture of this one!

Is it white?

Telly
March 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
That was formally a 67 Rally Sport Camaro. I almost puked in my trash can when I looked at the picture. Doing something like that to a classic car is like taking a classic bronco or blazer and lowering it 10", installing 20" spinners, and throwing on a pink metallic rattle can paint job.

But that is just my opinion....

Pathrat
March 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Is it white?

Yeah it is, and I think I have the year right too, although I have always been going down the road in the opposite direction. Hunter says he sees it driving into the A-West high school parking lot and I generally see it heading east on 72nd Ave in the morning.

Funrover
March 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah it is, and I think I have the year right too, although I have always been going down the road in the opposite direction. Hunter says he sees it driving into the A-West high school parking lot and I generally see it heading east on 72nd Ave in the morning.

If the driver has a kid I bet I have seen it. When I took care of my nieces I had to pick up/drop them off at school and saw one.. IT WAS SWEET and I don't even like stangs.

Brody
March 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the clarification on the year and vintage! Keep in mind that it was this guys first car (high school...like 67-71 era), he is older than the hills (meaning Chris' and my age) and he did the conversion over 20 years ago. The car body is nowhere as nice as the pictures make it look, with a lot of bondo and bad body work. Anyway, I did mention to him that, if the car was restored, it would be worth $60-70k if not more.

Still neat in it's own way, but I am with you on the classic on the 4x frame thoughts. I would rather see them either cherried out or as total muscle cars...And look at what Cowboy did to the 64 suicide doored Lincoln if you want to cry....

Chris was dying to get spinners at one point, but I think he was going to pass on the 20" rims and pink metallic paint...

That was formally a 67 Rally Sport Camaro. I almost puked in my trash can when I looked at the picture. Doing something like that to a classic car is like taking a classic bronco or blazer and lowering it 10", installing 20" spinners, and throwing on a pink metallic rattle can paint job.

Pathrat
March 7th, 2009, 09:43 PM

good one! :lol: Pink rattle can and spinners...(sounds of cat hacking noises)

I think it may fall under the category of 'because I can'.

The odd bodies on off-road/jacked suspensions are interesting oddities, something interesting to stare at.

Me personally? If I had a 67 Camero or 65 Mustang, I think I would spend money on the engine and performance with a tighter suspension so I could swing around corners at 40mph. Oh, and of course, those rims you can see through as there is so little metal involved in those 10 pound things and the little narrow tires I could fill with two bottles of Slime instead of air. :D

Brody
March 8th, 2009, 07:34 AM
A few years ago, I was contemplating putting a Toyota van body on my rig, but decided against it mainly due to the amount of work involved. But it would have been intertaining to ride over the front wheels, Unimog or Pinzgauer style, and have all of the covered storage...

I would have done the same thing with the Camaro...sans 4x4 frame-did fuel injection on the engine, lowered it a bit, tightened up the suspension...something between Pro Street and Rally. Probably would still be taking the bus, too...no liscense....

Tye
March 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
That is friggen SWEET!!!! I want!

Aaron you should so do this with the Volvo :thunb::eek:

Funrover
March 9th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Aaron you should so do this with the Volvo :thunb::eek:

I joked about that with Jessica.. :lol: